Inviting Family to a Surprise 30th Birthday Party

I'm throwing a surprise party for my husband's 30th birthday. His parents are in on it. Should I invite my parents and others in his family? My sister and brother in law will be there too, as they are close with us. I don't want my parents or his other local family members to feel left out, but I am not sure how common it is for a lot of family at a 30th birthday celebration.

By Sophie M.

Anonymous

Why wouldn't you invite your parents? Your hubby is their son now too! How large of a party and whether or not to invite extended family members is up to both you and your hubby's parents.

Keep the party casual, no time frames on anything, and after the initial surprise! people can leave when they like.

You can invite as many people as you want and I would be very hurt if I wasn't invited to my SIL's party. The more the merrier! PBP

I think you should invite anyone that you think would like to come! Certainly invite family members. Why not?