Organizing Remote Controls

Where to you keep your remote controls? I have 3 different ones for my living room TV and DVD. I have a contemporary living room style with leather sofas and would like to organize them nice and neatly.

By Onesummer

It takes too long to find remote controls in their usual hiding spot, between cushions on the sofa. If you're looking for a more convenient place to keep them, put a wide-mouth vase or other good-looking container on your side table, and put all of your remotes inside or a small basket, good luck.

I don't know if such a thing exists anymore or not but years and years ago I bought a remote where you could program TV, VCR player and Cable box on just that one remote control. I simply placed that 'one' on my coffee table or next to the TV system and stored the original controls in a drawer in case they were needed in the future.

You can look for a nice decorative box/chest to hold them, that you set on your coffee table. It keeps them close by, keeps everything looking neat, and you always know where to find them.

We have two TVs, one in the living room and one in the back bedroom. When my living room remote (a universal that's programmed to control both the TV and satellite) isn't in my left pocket for convenient access, here's our storage plan:

We tend to keep the living room remote on the table beside my chair. It's either there, or on the edge of the kitchen table, which is against the wall close to the living room. Our house is small enough that that's a convenient place.

The original remote for my TV is in a small compartment of my entertainment center. It's still around if I ever need it, but out of the way. Hubby's remotes, on the other hand, are usually lined up on the small table nearest his chair: universal satellite/TV, original, and DVD-VCR combo unit. Our satellite provider has informed us they have no programming codes for combo units.

As you can see, hubby's and my plans are very different, lol! Hope I've given you an idea or two, though.

A stack of remote controls for various electronics.
Organizing Remote Controls
Organizing AdviceMarch 12, 2010
Remote Control Holder
Making a Remote Control Holder
Universal Remote
Programming a Universal Remote
small bedroom
Finding Replacement Controls for a Heated Mattress Pad
Remote Control on White Background
Cleaning a Remote Control
🎄