Microwave Chocolate Pudding

This recipe is for true "chocoholic"! It is easy and oh so good! My family absolutely loves it. I also use skim milk when I make this. Can't tell the difference.

• 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
  • 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 1/4 cups milk
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla extract

Directions:

Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized glass mixing bowl. Mix these ingredients well. Gradually stir in milk and mix thoroughly making sure all dry ingredients are mixed with the milk.

Microwave on HIGH for 2 and 1/2 minutes, then stir mixture.Microwave again on HIGH for 2 and 1/2 minutes and stir a second time. Pudding will be beginning to thicken. Microwave on HIGH for an additional 1-2 minutes until mixture is cooked and thickened.

Take from microwave and stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into individual serving dishes. Chill. We eat it alone, but you could use some whipped topping if you so choose.

Servings: 4 to 5
Time:2- to 3 Minutes Preparation Time
7 to 8 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Recipe from a Hershey's recipe booklet that I got in the mail in the late 70's, early 80's.

By Southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

I just realized that I did not add in this post that I have used Splenda instead of the sugar. It does well in this recipe too.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PuddingMay 4, 2009
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Chocolate pudding in a bowl with a spoon.
Saving Money on Pudding
🎄
🍂