Restoring a Washed Mohair Rug

Help. I've washed a mohair rug and ruined it. Any ideas about how to restore it?

By yummymum from Southern Highlands, NSW

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I think you're stuck. I washed a mohair sweater when I was a teen and it would fit my sister's Barbie (almost) when it was done. We just donated it to the doll collection.

In line with what Glenn'sMom says:

There's no restoring it but, depending on what size it has shrunk to, you can use it as a table runner/mat, hot pad, bath mat, or if it is thick, maybe hang it on the wall and use as a unique bulletin board.

Home and Garden Repair OtherJune 4, 2009
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:25:36 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.