Using Tint Makeup

Has anyone ever used a "stain or tint" make-up. I have a bottle (looks just like a nail polish bottle) however I can't read any of the words on it anymore. I think it came from the Color Institute however I can't find anything about it on the web site.

I remember it said something about lip or cheek tint. It's a dark rose color in the bottle and I believe it smells like roses. It truly stains a natural pink tone where ever you apply it, even your fingers are stained for a while after you rub it in. It stays on a long time. Has anyone ever heard of this? I would love to find out if I can make something similar at home.

Jodie from Newnan, GA

I used to work for a make up line that sold tint as well. You have to use it minimally. a little goes such a long way! and be careful that if you do use it on your lips you stay on your lips because it wll not rub off for quite some time. Also, if you do mess up, you can use an oil based eye makeup remover. It may not remove it all, but it will help make it a little less noticeable. I don't recommend using it on your cheeks because it is hard to control, if you do though, I recommend you put the dye on a cotton ball so that you can get more coverage faster, rather than putting it directly on your cheek and then trying to blend. Also, if you use a foundation, you may try mixing it a little w/ a dab if the foundation and apply that to your cheeks (more of a cream blush). Good luck! As for making it at home, I have NO Idea... :)

Thanks for the information Krista. Your right about being careful.This tint was weaker when I first started using it but the bottom of the bottle seems to be alot stronger. I'm trying to find out where to by this type of makeup - can you tell me what company you worked for and maybe how to purchase it?

Thanks again.

Jodie,

I remember when Bonne Belle used to sell tint blush in a gel-like medium. Is this what you are talking about? Maybe they still sell it, I don't know.

Anyway, maybe you can mix makeup pigments with Aloe Vera or unscented lotion for a similar type of product.

Do a search on Ebay for cosmetics pigments, you may find that you can come up with something using these. :)

There is a product that sounds exactly like what your describing made by Benefit. Its called Benetint you can order it at Saphora.com. Great stuff!

Hi!

My friend from Colombia has the tint... its called The color Institute / lip and cheek tint.

I'm in love with it, it's so good, it like dark purple tint... where did you find yours?

If you could please reply to paolacampodonico @ hotmail.com (remove spaces) i would appreciated!

I already checked the Sephora.com and they do have a tint, but i'm not sure is the same color.

Best Regards,

Paola.

I finally found it thanks to all of the feedback - I got it on Sephora.com called bene tint just like ya'll said. Thanks so much.

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips TipsNovember 21, 2005
Girl Playtime Make-up
Faux Make-up For Playtime
Mascara
Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric
Prescription Sunglasses
Removing the Tint from Prescription Sunglasses
Applying Makeup
Homemade Makeup Setting Spray
🎄