Fabric Wallpaper Technique

I need to make starch for soaking my strips of material in before applying to the wall as a border. Has someone done this before?

By Anne

Answers

I did my sister's bathroom in fabric, and all I did was get fabric adhesive from Michael's (or any craft supply store). With the room ventilated, you spray on a small amount, then put on the fabric, using a squeegee to keep out the wrinkles. If the room is going to get a lot of moisture, you may want to put on some Scotch Gard. Good luck!

September 5, 2010 Flag

A few years ago I watched a demonstration of using fabric like wallpaper on a painted wall. I can't remember what was used as the "paste". I do remember that when the fabric was removed, there was no mess you could just wash off the wall and it was fine. Does anyone know of this type of decorating technique?

Thank you in advance.

Glowgirl from Watertown

Answers:

Fabric Wallpaper Technique

Use liquid starch as the glue. Check out this site for directions. rentaldecorating.com (03/08/2007)

By jean

Fabric Wallpaper Technique

You can use liquid laundry starch. (03/08/2007)

By JMRoss

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Using Fabric to Cover Walls
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating WallpaperSeptember 5, 2010
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 3:01:39 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.