Removing Flarp Putty from Carpet

How do I get Flarp out of my new carpet?

By Ljkirven from Plainfield, IL

The answer might be here.

http://www.thri  6399966.tip.html

Even though the title says "Flarp stains on clothing" some of the answers people came up with had to do with carpet. Looks like the answer is vinegar, maybe followed by alcohol.

Thank you vinegar worked wonderfully!

Vinegar worked like a charm! Had a pile of flarp left on carpet and took a washcloth and poured vinegar on it and rubbed on the spot on carpet and it dissolved it right away!

Vinegar followed by alcohol to drink? Lol!! This mommy needs it! Flarp on the carpet and a rug. 

Oh no, I'm sorry, this happened to us about a year ago & the blue flarp is still in the carpet, I tried everything including trying to heat it w/ a hairdryer to cut it out....Good luck with that. Hopefully you will get something that works & I can move the rug I conceal it with & give it a try :)

Let it dry into carpet and I used fabuloso and it started to peel out of the carpet in bits but it does come out

Another post and following string suggested white vinegar. It's working for us tonight after coming home from a hockey game to find that our dog got into my purse, our son's toys and blue Flarp. Vinegar works!

I tried this trick and it did work!! I soaked the area with white vingar several times and rubbed back and forth and in circular motions with a towel and it all came up! Whoohoo!

Love that I can go online and find a solution to anything! Just had green Flarp mashed into the carpet and found that the vinegar dissolved it and you can not even tell it had ever been there! It was a mashed spot about 4" wide and just covered in lime green Flarp. We picked off what we could and I just soaked it in vinegar for a minute or two then wiped up and kept wiping till paper towels are not green. So happy!

Vinegar is the answer. A few minutes of rubbing with paper towel and it was gone!

Thank you! Vinegar rescued several surfaces in my home. It combs fairly easily out of a full head of hair.

This is a miracle cure! I was freaking out at 6am when I saw the carpet in my daughter's room. I scraped as much as I could with a flat knife and then poured vinegar and voila! i use white and cider vinegar and both worked. Thanks everyone! I really thought that I would have to cut out that area of carpet.

Thank you! Used the vinegar advice below and it definitely worked. First I used a butter knife and, with it flat, I slid it under the putty to pull up as much as possible.Then, I used white vinegar and poured a good amount on the paper towel and started blotting over and over with wet and dry paper towels until no color from the noise putty showed up on the paper towels. Miracle. thanks so much. I love the internet!

The white vinegar & a butter knife did it..! Thank you for your post

Vinegar! I used apple cider because that's the only kind I had. I soaked a wash cloth with the ACV and scrubbed it right out! The "flarp" broke apart and the stain was removed completely within 5 minutes of scrubbing.

Vinegar works on the carpet. Thanks for the vinegar advice!

Vinegar worked perfect. I used apple cider vinegar but I'm sure clear vinegar will also work.

White vinegar worked very quickly to remove it from our fabric couch!

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJuly 1, 2009
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Carpet
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Upholstered Furniture
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 3:02:50 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.