Selling Trophies

Trophy in Hands
If you have boxes and closet shelves devoted to old trophies, you may be considering selling them. This is a guide about selling trophies.

I am looking for a place to sell sports trophies given to my children. Can you help?

Shirlee

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

I don't know about who buys them but girls and boys clubs, etc world wide will taken them FREE and then reuse them, get the names, off, etc

This is always a high need. Check with your local community education through school.

Best Answer

Local schools may use them as well. Our school reuses trophies for our curling bonspiels.

I don't know of any place where you could sell them, except perhaps at a yard sale. (Where people buy them for a quarter each, and then donate them to clubs or schools!)

I am a special education teacher I have a students who works for medals and trophies. I would love to have some donated, but it would probably be pretty costly to ship them. If you are willing to ship I'll be happy to provide an address.

Don't know about selling either, but the Special Olympics would love to have them.

Forget selling them, donate them to someone instead.

Thanks I'll donate them. Goodwill here I come.

I will give over 50 trophies, 2 dozen plaque awards to the special Olympics. ...where do I take them or will they pick them up?

So do you have information on the how to give it to them?

Anonymous

Want to sell sports trophies

I would love to take these trophies off your hands.

Anonymous

I have a ton of running Medals, plaques, and trophies also! Would you want mine? I can't hold onto everything!

I have glass trophirs i want to sell them cud u pls help me witvtis

Where do you live

I have quite a few bowling trophies that I am looking to donate. I am willing to ship them to anyone who wants them. The plates have been removed and they are in good condition.

I have several bowling trophies. Would you be interested in them?

I have a collection of old go-cart and micro-sprint racing trophies. I would like sell them, but if not I need to get rid of them.

By Barbara W. from Newark, DE

Best Answer

You should be able to donate those trophies to organizations that hold those sorts of activities. Take off the engraved plaques, and pass them along for re-use. However, I don't think you should expect to get paid for these. The world is full of old trophies. You may also find that you can donate them to local children's clubs or organizations; they can switch out the tops and use the trophies for other activities and sports.

I have about 7 trophies that I would like to sell for any amount of money. Where can I sell them? They are from 1995+.

By Julie from Glen Ellyn, IL

Best Answer

I am not sure there is much of a market for these except, perhaps, at a yard sale. You can give them to goodwill or the Salvation Army, as they sell them in Thrift Shops (for next to nothing). Sometimes schools and clubs take them, change out the tops, and give them for activities in their organizations. You might be better off to try to give them to Scouts, a local elementary school, playground associations, or something like that.

I live in Toronto, Ontario where can I go to sell an old trophy?

It would need special 'provenance' to be worth much. Can you find the original sponsor of the trophy to see if they still exist or have any records? Otherwise find a club matching the trophy; sports club, horse clubs, sewing clubs.