Recycling Old Trophies

Category Recycling
You can recycle those old, unwanted, dusty trophies cluttering up your closet. This is a guide about recycling old trophies.

Where can I donate my old baseball, cheerleading , swim, and soccer trophies?

By Bridget B. from Charlotte, NC

Answers

Best Answer

You may also find that clubs such as Scouts, or Guides, or even local schools may be able to reuse them for events. In my school we used to use them for our curling bonspiels, and my mom used them for various awards at a Family Fun day where she organized kids games and sunflower spitting contents. One of our local trophy shops would swap out the tops on the trophies for a very small fee- $1 or $2 per trophy. I believe they will also take them at places like Goodwill and Salvation Army. I have seen them for sale at Value Village. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a new home for them where they will be appreciated.

My seven and five year old girls have a lot of medal, ribbons, trophies and certificates. How show I display them? Should I put the certificates in a memory album? Please respond with any ideas. Thank you

- Sunglasses

Answers

Best Answer

I love Memory Boxes to hang on the wall with glass front. I have one with pictures,booties,graduation tassels wedding favors,which contain items from the most important facets of their lives. I also have one with momentos of my mother and father.They were parents of 6,needless to say ,didn"t have much just a lot of love to give. I found a quote which I have inside. It says "One hundred years from now it will not matter what kind of car I drove,what kind of house I lived in,how much I had in my bank account,nor what my clothes looked like. But the world may be a better place because I was important in the life of a child." It also has momentos of their 50th anniversary and dried roses from their funerals. These are two of the most cherished items I have.

Best Answer

Hi,
If anyone has some trophies they don't need anymore and is willing to donate them please let me know. I am in an art show in dallas and i need about 3000 (im half way there!). i would use dhl to pick them up, so no extra work for you. thank you so much for your time. feel free to contact me

the picture i am attaching displays some of the trophies i already have. the object behind it is a model staircase, which i intend to build with the 3000 trophies.

mca10 at hotmail dot com

We had 4 boys in sports and have many trophies that I just can't seem to throw away. Will someone take them as a donation? Thanks.

By Cathie

Answers

Best Answer

We received this advisory from a reader:
"Mostly an FYI, not a question I contacted Special Olympics, as suggested in your blog. I was told that they only use ribbons. Just thought I'd spare people the inquiry.

By Patricia V."

Where can I donate or recycle my old sports trophies (swimming, basketball, softball, field hockey, etc.)? I live in northwestern Connecticut.

By Martha Z

Answers

Best Answer

I must disagree with the previous poster. I have seen trophies for sale at Value Village and at other Thrift Shops. The name plaques are easily removed, and then the trophy can easily be given over again. Some trophy shops will also swap out the top for another spot; bowling for sunflower spitting, for example, for a very small fee.

My mother used to run games at a community sports day, and she gave away amazing trophies donated by people, with the tops switched out to her events. Call schools, boys and girls clubs, Scouts, Guides, church groups, etc. Post them to give away on Freecycle. I am sure you can find a good home for them.

Where can I donate sports trophies in the Charlottesville, Virginia area?

Answers

Best Answer

I don't know your area, but you might try elementary schools, boys and girls clubs, Special Olympics, Scouts and Guides clubs, and those sorts of organizations. I am sure you can also donate them to Good will, thrift shops, etc. I've seen them for sale in similar stores.

I have some old trophies to donate, any ideas where I can donate them?

By Brian

Answers

Best Answer

Schools. Special Olympics. Clubs like Cubs or Boys and Girls clubs. Organizations that run community activity days with games and contests for kids.

Goodwill and Salvation Army Thrift Stores. You might also try Seniors Homes, as they often do Winter Festivals and such like events, and so they might like to give out a trophy too! Worth a phone call, anyway.

Is there someplace near South Palm Beach county, Florida, that I can take old trophies to have them recycled?

Answers

Best Answer

Put an offer on Craigslist or Freecycle. Someone will take it. You might want to remove the plaque with the name first.

I have two boxes full of bowling trophies. Where can I recycle them?

By Wai Ling

Answers

Best Answer

Find your local special Olympics group, or check with the schools!

I'd love to donate a large box of old, but well preserved trophies. Is there a local place I can bring them? I tried Special Olympics in my area, but they weren't accepting at this time.

By Hilary from Yorktown, NY

Answers

Best Answer

Hello,
Please try the boys/girls club, a bowling alley, a pre-school and your local shelters for children. good luck

What can I do with a lot of old trophies? They are in the way and we just want to get rid of them. Someone told us one time about some trophy company that melts them down and re-uses the trophy.
If anyone has any info, please let me know.

By Leslie

Answers

Best Answer

I had a number of bowling trophies that were taking up space and collecting dust. I removed the plaques that were engraved with my name and reason for winning the trophy and donated them to a junior bowling league in my neighborhood. Depending on what the trophies are for you may also be able to find a source to which you can donate the trophies for use by others.

Where can I donate various trophies near Castle Rock CO?

Answers

Where can I recycle near Palo Alto California?

Good question, let me know if you find a place to donate them . I'm looking for a place too. maybe a children's home ? just e mail me please mchiker at j u n o dot com .
thanks,

Where can I donate trophies and metals near Providence, RI?

Where can I donate trophies in Edmonton Alberta Canada

Is there any place in the FK10 area that will recycle old trophies?

By Frank W.

I have lots of trophies, most of them from bowling. Where can I dispose them?

JoAnn from MN

Answers:

Where Can I Recycle Old Trophies?

Don't dispose of them. HGTV will have a fountain of recycling info for these. I have seen old trophies converted into table lamps and many other things. (05/27/2008)

By Marty Dick

Where Can I Recycle Old Trophies?

Contact your local board of MRDD or special Olympics committee. They can recycle these trophies to reward their winners. (05/28/2008)

By susan

Where Can I Recycle Old Trophies?

Creative Images
236 Blair Street
Grove City, PA 16127

Send them to this address and they will fix them up and give them to special Olympics or other kids sporting events and activities. (02/18/2009)

By

Where Can I Recycle Old Trophies?

We hear almost every day of folks that have old trophies collecting dust and they don't want to just throw them away; they'd rather make a useful contribution to others. For over 20 years Total Awards has accepted these treasured awards and recycled them for parts or re-engraved and donated them to non-profits.

Total Awards and Promotions encourages the community to donate their old trophies, medals, plaques and awards to support local non-profit organizations that are in great need in today's economy.

What: Donate your gently used trophies, awards, and medals to be recycled, reused and regifted by local area charities. For items that are not reusable, they will recycle the parts.

Where: Total Awards and Promotions
7475 Mineral Point Rd.
Madison, Wi 53717.

When: Drop off anytime between Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
You may also ship your trophies to the address above, at your expense.

Pay it Forward
(06/26/2009)

By Janet

Where Can I Recycle Old Trophies?

Just came across this thread and wanted to provide another recycling location for those interested in on the east coast.

Check out their program at lambawards.com

The company just started recycling trophies and is taking them by mail or in person.

Lamb Awards and Engraving
Westminster, MD 21157
http://www.lambawards.com
(07/21/2009)

By Jared

Load More