Donating Used Sports Trophies?

We had 4 boys in sports and have many trophies that I just can't seem to throw away. Will someone take them as a donation? Thanks.

By Cathie

Best Answer

We received this advisory from a reader:
"Mostly an FYI, not a question I contacted Special Olympics, as suggested in your blog. I was told that they only use ribbons. Just thought I'd spare people the inquiry.

By Patricia V."

May I suggest that first you take a picture or pictures of them for future memories. As to donating them. Ehow says that local sports teams and thrift stores may want them.

Hello...
I have a great idea! Can you please donate then to your local Special Olympics? The prople that run this org.

rarely have the funds to buy the children trophies when they have their events. You will put a smile on a beautiful child's face. Take care

If you ever bought or received a flower arrangement in one of those milk glass looking things, then you know you can't even give those things away once the flowers are dead. I had a flea market store and couldn't get a quarter apiece for them. So I took some old trophies apart, made nice wooden lids for the glass and put parts of the trophies on top for handles and I get $15.00 each for the " sugar bowls" and candy dishes.

I donated all my trophies to a school for students with varying disabilities. I took off the name plate and cleaned the trophies and delivered them to the school.

They give them out to the students that participate in fun days. It was my pleasure to donate them.KJ

Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 22, 2013
🌻
👒
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Donating-Used-Sports-Trophies.html