Getting Rid of Yellow Jackets in Your House

Yellow jackets can enter your home through very small openings, such as damaged screens and attic vents. This is a guide about getting rid of yellow jackets in your home.

yellow jackets in a house
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I am finding several yellow jackets in the house in the winter season. They are very slow acting.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There is a trap that allows them in but not out. Who knew they were carnivores so you put in some fruit juice, sugar and meat. Raw is best. Here is a photo and the link to where you can get them. I found mine at Sherm's in Roseburg but almost every where has them.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source ... p;ie=UTF-8#q=yellow%20jacket%20traps

Help, we have hundreds (and I am not kidding) of yellow jackets in our home. We have probably killed 6 or 7 hundred but they are still here. Any advice. No one has gotten stung yet except the dog.

Barb from Fairview, MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have the same problem with yellow jackets/wasps in my apartment. I have no idea how they are getting in. Management sprayed around the outside of the building after I mentioned the problem to them. I'm still getting them. I kill anywhere from one to 7/8 a day. Then there might be a day where we don't see any. I have moved the furniture that I can, to check behind that, but I have some large pieces that I can't move, in fact most of my furniture is that way. The creatures act like they are in the process of dying when they appear, but I don't want to take any chances.

Read More Answers...

How do I get rid of yellow jackets that have come into my house with this cold weather? I think they got into my garage wall and there was one nest in my gutter. Will they eventually die or should I call an exterminator?

By Arlene

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you know they have taken up residence in your wall, and you can see where they go in and out, you could try spraying them with a good insecticide. Get one that is made for these particular insects. I use a spray foam one. There are several good brands, and you don't need to get too close as they spray a long way. I deal with hornets' nests this way. If you do it after dark, when they are in their nest, you run little risk of getting stung. I have never been stung doing this.

Yellow jackets are getting into my house. Last year I lit them up by pouring gas down their holes in the yard and striking a match. It worked, but now they are really mad. I found 2 spots were they are swarming around at the top of my roof and I have used 15 cans of Jacket spray and sealed them off with the expanding foam from the Home Depot.

They are still getting in, I saw some actually coming in thru the electrical plates on the wall in the kitchen. Now they are coming in on the 3rd floor. An exterminator is not an option at this point. I want to get rid of them myself. Any suggestions?

By Jon

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Why do you want to do it yourself? You may not be able to. Call the exterminator and be done with it.

Read More Answers...

I have yellowjackets in the ground. What's the best way to get rid of them?

Ron from NW Florida

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you want a more exciting way to do it, try the method my dad and I always did- Pour diesel fuel into the hole, then light it with a *long* stick. It's not explosive, but you will have a smaller version of the Eternal Flame in your yard for a while, depending on how much fuel you use. The paper nest soaks up the diesel and burns slowly. I wouldn't recommend actual gasoline, though. That's just silly.

Read More Answers...
    Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsMay 8, 2013
    Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
    Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
    Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
    Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
    Cleaning Life Jackets
    Cleaning Life Jackets
    kid wearing a jacket
    Marking Jackets for School
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 24, 2016 at 8:09:28 AM on 10.0.0.157 in 245 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.