Cleaning Life Jackets

Category Miscellaneous
Ideally life jackets are cleaned and dried after each use. This is a guide about cleaning life jackets.

We just got our boat in the water yesterday, and I noticed the life vests are really dirty. Can they be machine laundered?

Sandy

Answers

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I also had the problem with ours staying down in the washing machine. Instead I ran mine through the dish washer on light cycle just like I would a load of dishes and air dryed them. They came out great.

There should be care instructions on them, the same as you find on clothing. The ones that I had could be laundered and hung to dry. The only problem with this is that they float so they don't want to stay down in the water in the washing machine.

By Sandy (Guest Post)

Thanks! I never thought about running them through the dishwasher. I may take them to the laundromat and use one of the front loading machines.

Hopefully they won't float in one of them. If that doesn't clean them I'll try the other way.