Electric Hair Clippers Not Clipping Well

I clipped my dog today trying to help her be cooler in the weather. I have Oster electric clippers. They didn't seem like they wanted to cut. I kept having to take the hair out and oil them. Is there a way I can sharpen them or would I need new ones?

Sandy from Baltimore

It could be they are not strong enough to get through the density of the dogs fur. They sell special clippers for animals. My sister had to buy them for furry 4 legged children!! Good luck!

Wh had a dog that was half husky, and in our hot summer months, her fur was just too thick and hot. We bought clippers and ran into the same problem. Her fur was just too dense for them. We looked at clippers for sheep, very expensive, but the only thing that could get through her fur.

There are a bunch of different ways you can sharpen, even at home. Search YouTube and you will find lots of videos on how to do it yourself. Good luck!

Home and Garden Repair OtherAugust 1, 2006
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 10, 2017 at 2:37:12 PM on 10.0.0.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.