Pepper and Onion Sandwich

I have a new favorite sandwich that is more economical than my favorites of the past. Our garden is winding down as the weather cools, and we are bringing in tons of veggies. When the freezer was full, I wondered what to do with all those peppers and onions. This was a quickie solution, and it was amazingly satisfying!

• 2 slices whole grain bread
  • 1/4 small bell pepper, cut in strips
  • 1/4 cup chopped onions
  • 2 tsp. butter or olive oil
  • 1 egg
  • light mayonnaise, to taste

Directions

Saute the peppers and onions until soft. Mix in one egg and scramble it until lightly done (don't let it get hard). Spread both slices of bread on one side with light mayonnaise and then pile on the eggs, peppers, and onions. Eat while still warm if possible.

By coreenhart from Rupert, ID

My husband and I both will choose an egg sandwich over tuna or chicken salad almost any time. Never tried making it this way, but it sure sounds good.

Thanks for sharing.

StarWarsCollector

Sounds delicious! A little salsa instead of mayo and a tortilla or taco shell in place of the bread would be tasty too.

Vegetarian Sandwich Recipes
Vegetarian Sandwich Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches VegetarianSeptember 30, 2010
Brazilian Pepper Tree
Getting Rid of a Brazilian Pepper Tree
Cheesesteak Sandwich
Cheesesteak Sandwich Recipes
Hero Sandwich
Hero Sandwich Recipes
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
🎄