Cleaning Lime Deposits Off a Toilet

I have experienced a buildup of scale (lime?) in the bottom of the toilet bowls in our home. What's the best remedy for eliminating it?

By William from Lynchburg, VA

Best Answer

I have used a pumuce stone. It gets the stain off and wont scratch. I have a guest bathroom that is not used very often.

Best Answer

The house we moved into had horrible deposits. I tried everything imaginable and then someone suggested "The Works". It's cheap, some in a white plastic container (about the size and shape of a Windex bottle. Worked! After getting out yuck use it and let it sit about an hour a week. A bit hard to find but Kroger often has it and usually The Family Dollar Store! I would do a free commercial for this product!

Best Answer

Try mixing 2 tablespoons of salt with 1 teaspoon of white distilled vinegar. Vinegar is a natural cleaning agent.

Easiest, simplest, way is to use a box cutter or one of its razors after lowering the water level.

Toilet with lime deposits being cleaned with toilet brush
Cleaning Lime Deposits Off a Toilet
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomSeptember 5, 2010
Toilet
Preventing Mineral Deposits in a Toilet
Using Lime Leaves
Using Lime Leaves
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🎉
🎄