Hooks For Hanging Jewelry

My necklaces kept getting tangled up in the box so I super-glued this piece of wood, with hooks attached, to the inside of the wardrobe door. It is much handier and I can see at a glance what I have.

By skinnyjinny from Scotland

I've actually had one similar to this in my closet for years. I had one that already had the hooks on. I screwed it to the wall inside the closet to hang long necklaces on so they wouldn't get tangled in the jewelry box. I made 2 jewelry stands for my grand daughters. I posted it on here in May. I will try to send you the picture. Anyway, I just wanted to say your idea is a great one and much appreciated.

Thanks. I am going to make one like this too.

What a great idea! I must make some of these for Christmas gifts for my best girlfriends. I have been buying coffee mug holders for my jewelry. I think I am going to use epoxy to hold my hooks to the wood though.

Example of Coffee mug holders:

I usually find them in the thrift store for a few cents.

This looks great and reminds me of a tip I read quite some time ago about recycling the old kitchen utensil wall plates with prongs as necklace storage. Key racks would alsobe an easy alternative. Thanks for sharing, it's a great tip for keeping necklaces untangled and easy to choose between :)

I have a hat rack. The kind that folds up like an accordion, and then you open it out to hang it on the wall. Works great. I also bought a wall hanging that looks like it should be for storing shoes, but with tiny pockets for jewelery. It is a wonderful thing.

Jewelry Box with Jewelry Spilling Out
Organizing Jewelry
Organizing MiscellaneousAugust 26, 2009
Many Pairs of Earrings Spread out
Organizing Earrings
double hooks to hang jackets
Using Over the Door Hooks
Unorganized pile of gold bracelets on a white surface
Organizing Bracelets
various size crochet hooks
Storing Crochet Hooks