I am looking for a recipe. It is a white gelatin salad, creamy and smooth, no fruit, but has an almond flavoring to it. It's not too sweet, and I think it's called a Swedish cream molded salad. Does anyone have this recipe or one similar?
Brenda from Greenville, AL
If you type "swedish cream" in the search line of Google, you will find pages and pages of swedish cream molded salads. You may have to sift thru quite a few to find one with almond flavor. All the ones I found that sounded like what you described were vanilla.
I think this may be what you are looking for at allrecipes.com:
Swedish Cream -
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 3 tablespoons water
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* 1 cup frozen lingonberries, thawed
1. Combine the cream, water, sugar, and gelatin in a saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until the gelatin has dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly until thickened, about 10 minutes; it should be the consistency of beaten eggs. Fold in the sour cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Pour into a mold, cover, and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
2. Loosen from mold by dipping into hot water. Invert onto a serving plate to unmold. Pour lingonberries over top.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!