17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Category Birthday
Planning a birthday party is fun and often challenging. The older the child gets, it seems, the more creativity we need to employ. A 17th birthday is significant as the last one before reaching the milestone 18th birthday. This is a guide about 17th birthday party ideas for girls.

I am going to be 17 on July 27 and I'm inviting a lot of friends over. t will be a max of 25 people. I dont know what I should do for it. So what should I do?

Find a local park that has BBQ pits and do volleyball and BBQ with music. You could also find your area's farmer's market and all go there together. They have lots of different foods and live music.

I'm turning 17 February 6, but I don't know what to do. I want my friends and I to get cute like dress up, wear heels, and make-up. I do not want a party.

Any ideas?

Answer Was this helpful? 2
Best Answer

Why not find a Mary Kay representative to come in and do facials/make up for you and your friends? Have someone else take BFF pictures, and then do some type of mini scrapbook/craft idea with the pictures? There's a couple of perfect CRICUT cartridges, that can provide you with super inexpensive designs for your albums. There's a Teenage Paper Dolls cartridge, and other fashion type! Happy Birthday in advance, and have fun! Respond back if you need help planning :)

I am turning 17 in a few days and have a few friends coming over, but have no idea what to do for fun, any ideas?

Is your party strictly an at home event? If so, movie night! Pamper each other would be fun!

My 17th birthday is March 17 next year, on a Friday. I just don't know what to do. It's also my golden birthday. I had a hotel already and rented out a hall. I was kind of thinking of a bowling party or a photoshoot because I like taking pictures. I don't have that many friends. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Have a 17 themed party. Invite your friends to see "The Edge of Seventeen". Have them come back to your house to make their own pizzas. Have 17 toppings: mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, green pepper, yellow pepper, red pepper, orange pepper, tomato, onion, olives, meatballs, eggplant, chicken, pepperoni, ziti, and mini ravioli. You could have your friends take 17 pictures and use an app to make a collage.

It's my birthday in June and I would like some ideas for what to do with my boyfriend and family. I don't really celebrate my birthday, but for my 17th I do want to with all these people. I would love any ideas.

You could do a movie night thing with your friends and family. Pick an age group so it's easier to pick a movie. And finally there is sooo many ideas on Pinterest, Google, etc. Have Fun!

My birthday is in January and I'm wanting to do something fun, but I have a friend that is in a wheelchair and I would like to do something she could do too. I don't really want to go to a restaurant again because we have done that for the past 3 years so I'm wanting to do something different. I may be inviting a lot of people too, at least 8 friends and a lot of family, but they all won't come so I don't want anything super expensive. Any ideas?

Thanks for the advice! Not sure if anything like that is going on around my birthday. ill look into it :)

I am turning 17 on October 25th and I have no idea what to do for a party. I don't want anything too expensive, but I have an unlimited budget. Ideas? The party will be boys/girls and the age range is from 16 to 20.

By Leah

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Omg that's my birthday too, wow so amazing. Here are few ideas I had of my own:

1. Go skating( good ole skating just brings everyone together, you get to watch your friends and family fall and dance and eat and just enjoy themselves)

2. Bowling

3. Go eat out at favourite restaurant(it's that one special day to eat whatever you like and also it will give you and friends to communicate and enjoy yourselves)

4. Throw a party(you can invite how ever many people you want and u can manage your own budget since it'd your party)

5. Go to Dave and Busters( perfect place to show your fun side and win awesome prizes, also perfect to compete and have fun with friends)

6. Go to movies ( perfect opportunity to catch up on new movies, and also hang with friends)

8. Go shopping( you'll never get too old for clothes)

You can do all these with friends and under a cheap budget

So I'm turning 17 on the 28th of this month, July. I need decoration ideas and gift ideas. Any help?

So I:m turning 17 on the 12 of October I need decoration ideas and gift ideas

My 17th birthday is coming up on December 14th. Each year I throw memorable and fun parties. Last year I threw a masquerade party for my 16th. I want to keep it home, but I have no idea what I should do. I could do a movie night, but I do those anyways and it is not as lit. Please send help, I'm so stressed! What does a girl do for her 17th anyways?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Bonfires are always fun, my kids like to have those. Have lots of food and drinks for everyone, sit around the fire and talk. I hope you have a great day, and Happy Birthday~

I'm turning 17 on June 27 and my mom decided it would be totally OK if she were to host a baby shower on the same day. A baby shower that she is not going to be here for.
I am sad and angry, but the baby shower is for someone I love a lot. I have no idea what to do. And if my mom is not going to be here for the baby shower that means she won't be here for my birthday. Do I talk to her about it or just leave it be?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I can see why you'd be upset. Your mom didn't even talk with you about this or whether or not you thought it was okay. Certainly someone else could have hosted the baby shower, or she could have chosen a different day.

The important thing is that you talk to your mother about this and how it made you feel.

I just turned 17 Monday October 8th and I have no idea what I can do to keep my friends entertained. I'm having a slumber party with my best friend and cousin, but I have no idea what I can do to keep them from being bored.
P.S. Please don't say any kiddy things because I'm 17 not 6... :)

By desrial20

Answer Was this helpful? 2

When my kids were about 17, all their friends used to hang here all weekend. They made pizza buns, fudge, and milk shakes...watched movies, played video games, and put crazy make up on the people who fell asleep.

I'm turning 17 on November 4th and I have no idea what to do. I don't have a lot of money and can only afford something cheap. Please help me!

you're old enough to have some sort of potluck - ask each guest to bring a dish/drink. That way you can save up whatever limited funds you do have to spend them on something fun for their guests

If you could afford to hire a DJ or if one of your friends is good at that, and everyone brings food/drinks, and you have a house to yourself, that is literally all you need to have a great time.

But if it still doesn't seem like enough and your friends are game, you could always have fun events and contests, like 3 legged race, and have the winners get a prize they might actually want. Even if something seems juvenile, if there's a cool prize attached to it people will have fun

I will be turning 17 on July 1st and I don't know where I want to go. My last 4 birthdays have been horrible and I really want to have a great one this year. I know that I want to spend it with my friends. I just don't know how. Any ideas?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Pack up and spend the day at the beach!

I am almost 17, I will be 17 in July 3rd. I dont know what I want to do for my Birthday, like if I want a party or not. Please help, I need some ideas.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

you can go out with your friends

I'm turning 17 in February, but have no idea what to do. I want a party, but don't have the money for it. I like dressing up and being in public, but again I'm shy and feel like I'm just being an attention seeker. I want it to be about me, but don't want people thinking I'm self centered and spoiled. I'm in cheer and drama club.

Also should I have something on my birthday in the winter or summer?
Also, I have a best friend who has the same bday and I want to do something with both of our family and friends what should I do?

I also want all of my classmates there, I don't want anyone feeling left out and they are all nice to me.

So what can I do that has us all dress up, all classmates and family there, and having fun in the winter/summer?

The one thing I can say for sure is, if there' s one bloody time of the year in which we should get our own way, do what we want, and seek to make our dreams come true, without giving a fig what others thing or want, it jolly well be on our birthday!!!

Give yourself the greatest gift of all and divorce yourself from these fear and expectations about whether you are an attention seeker, or that others think you're spoiled, self centered, bla bla bla. I wish you could learn still in your youth how toxic and useless all those fears are. You are in drama!! shine on you crazy diamond!! Be yourself and bugger what everyone says.

Sorry if this doesn't have much in terms of actual birthday advise. That's because to me the first ingredient for a great party is to get over all those traumas and complexes that rob us of our joy.

I'm having my 17th bday party on the 31st of July, which is soon. I have no ideas on how to keep my friends entertained! Help please.

oh my God me too ,i was thinking of organising a pool party and then later a party in a litlle club,or restaurant ,im glad i never had somebody whith the same birthday date

I'm turning 17 December 5 and I don't know what I should do. I want to do a dance party, but my grandma doesn't like the same music I like and my mom doesn't like a lot of people to be at her house. Mom wants to take me to a restaurant, but I don't know which one sings happy birthday and gives you a free desert. I'm going to ask short questions. I'm going to number them and I hope someone can answer them.
1. What restaurant throws you a party?
2. Where can I have a dance party?
3. What kind of electronics have certain songs you can play outside out loud?
4. What's something fun I could do that's not only for kids?
5. How many friends should I have at my party?
6. How to get my family to let me invite my crush to my party?
7. How to not be sad when my birthday party is over?
8. How to talk my grandma into getting me a car? (I don't have a driver's license.)
9. How to celebrate my birthday the whole entire day?

Well that's all the questions I can think of. Another thing, I know I'm posting this early I just can't wait till my birthday comes.

I will answer a few of your questions. First, just about any restaurant you go to will give you a cupcake and have the wait staff sing happy birthday to you if they know it is your birthday. You can always have someone phone ahead and check if this is something that the restaurant will do.

I do not know what sort of party you are expecting, but perhaps you could have a restaurant meal with your family, and then have a group of friends over for a party. A house party does not need to be an elaborate affair, and even if you have large house and talk your parents into hosting a dance party, I don't think you should have more than 20 guests. If that is not a possibility, perhaps you could do something like have a bowling party, swim party, skating party etc, followed by food and cake. It should be easy enough to invite your crush if you are inviting a large group of friends. When my sons were teens, if the party involved a big expense, such as paintball, the guests paid for that themselves.

I think it is rather unreasonable to expect your grandmother to get you a car. Concentrate on getting your drivers' license first, and perhaps a job which will enable you to save money to buy your own car.

You will have many more birthdays in your life. Each one does not need to be more dazzling and wonderful than the previous one. Enjoy the day, and focus on setting goals that will enrich your life, like learning to drive.

My birthday is on March 16th and I don't know what I want to do for my birthday. Any ideas?

By Rae'Ven H

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Why not a "Murder Mystery"? Search "free murder mystery plays". Have fun and have a very happy birthday!

I turn 17 in November 2015. This my first time planning a party. I don't know what drinks I should give out, since most of my friends are drinkers. I wanted to hand out soda, but I'm stuck on this one; please help.

By Katelynn

Answer Was this helpful? 1

When you say most of your friends are drinkers, that indicates they drink alcohol. I am sure you didn't mean that. But it did give me a thought that might be fun. There are a bunch of "virgin" drink recipes out there. Here is a link to some of them.

http://www.tabl  3da-d3a63074198c

If your parents okay it, it might be fun to have a "mock cocktail" party. This is not to promote how cool it is to drink, before anyone gives me a lecture. But it might be a way to taste what is out there in a fun, safe way.

PBP

I still don't know what I would like to do for my 17th birthday. All I know is that it will have to be on a Sunday as most of my friends now have jobs on Saturday. It can't be too expensive as both my friends and I are strapped for cash. I am open to any suggestions.

Load More