17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Planning a birthday party is fun and often challenging. The older the child gets, it seems, the more creativity we need to employ. A 17th birthday is significant as the last one before reaching the milestone 18th birthday. This is a guide about 17th birthday party ideas for girls.

Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I'm turning 17 February 6, but I don't know what to do. I want my friends and I to get cute like dress up, wear heels, and make-up. I do not want a party.

Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Best Answer

Why not find a Mary Kay representative to come in and do facials/make up for you and your friends? Have someone else take BFF pictures, and then do some type of mini scrapbook/craft idea with the pictures? There's a couple of perfect CRICUT cartridges, that can provide you with super inexpensive designs for your albums. There's a Teenage Paper Dolls cartridge, and other fashion type! Happy Birthday in advance, and have fun! Respond back if you need help planning :)

I will be turning 17 on July 1st and I don't know where I want to go. My last 4 birthdays have been horrible and I really want to have a great one this year. I know that I want to spend it with my friends. I just don't know how. Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A very easy online search for "teen birthday ideas" will produce many sites with lots of great ideas and themes!

I am going to be 17 on Saturday and I have no idea what to do or where to have it at. I want to have it where everybody knows how to get there. I want to spend it with my family, friends, and boyfriend. I need suggestions fast and quick.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

So my birthday is on April 6, next Wednesday. I'm turning 17, but I'm not sure what to do because I have school that day. I want to do something special with my family, my best friend, and my boyfriend. I would plan something over the weekend, but I have prom! Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My 17th birthday is coming up on December 14th. Each year I throw memorable and fun parties. Last year I threw a masquerade party for my 16th. I want to keep it home, but I have no idea what I should do. I could do a movie night, but I do those anyways and it is not as lit. Please send help, I'm so stressed! What does a girl do for her 17th anyways?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Bonfires are always fun, my kids like to have those. Have lots of food and drinks for everyone, sit around the fire and talk. I hope you have a great day, and Happy Birthday~

I am almost 17, I will be 17 in July 3rd. I dont know what I want to do for my Birthday, like if I want a party or not. Please help, I need some ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am turning 17 on October 25th and I have no idea what to do for a party. I don't want anything too expensive, but I have an unlimited budget. Ideas? The party will be boys/girls and the age range is from 16 to 20.

By Leah

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Omg that's my birthday too, wow so amazing. Here are few ideas I had of my own:

1. Go skating( good ole skating just brings everyone together, you get to watch your friends and family fall and dance and eat and just enjoy themselves)

2. Bowling

3. Go eat out at favourite restaurant(it's that one special day to eat whatever you like and also it will give you and friends to communicate and enjoy yourselves)

4. Throw a party(you can invite how ever many people you want and u can manage your own budget since it'd your party)

5. Go to Dave and Busters( perfect place to show your fun side and win awesome prizes, also perfect to compete and have fun with friends)

6. Go to movies ( perfect opportunity to catch up on new movies, and also hang with friends)

8. Go shopping( you'll never get too old for clothes)

You can do all these with friends and under a cheap budget

Read More Answers...

I just turned 17 Monday October 8th and I have no idea what I can do to keep my friends entertained. I'm having a slumber party with my best friend and cousin, but I have no idea what I can do to keep them from being bored.
              P.S. Please don't say any kiddy things because I'm 17 not 6... :)

By desrial20

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Don't worry about people being bored especially if there's just two of you! I mean you should just be able to chat.

Read More Answers...

I'm turning 17 on June 27 and my mom decided it would be totally OK if she were to host a baby shower on the same day. A baby shower that she is not going to be here for.
              I am sad and angry, but the baby shower is for someone I love a lot. I have no idea what to do. And if my mom is not going to be here for the baby shower that means she won't be here for my birthday. Do I talk to her about it or just leave it be?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I can see why you'd be upset. Your mom didn't even talk with you about this or whether or not you thought it was okay. Certainly someone else could have hosted the baby shower, or she could have chosen a different day.

The important thing is that you talk to your mother about this and how it made you feel.

Read More Answers...

My birthday is on March 16th and I don't know what I want to do for my birthday. Any ideas?

By Rae'Ven H

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hey, Ill be turning 17 in March too I think what you should try is get all your friends together for your special day and either get a hotel room rent movies, dance and have fun. Or go to Dave and Buster's (I think that's what its called), and go dance play games, and then go to your favorite restaurant.

But whatever you decide I hope you hace a great time.

From Adrianna

Read More Answers...

I turn 17 in November 2015. This my first time planning a party. I don't know what drinks I should give out, since most of my friends are drinkers. I wanted to hand out soda, but I'm stuck on this one; please help.

By Katelynn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I like the idea of mock cocktails. That is kind of nifty. Do NOT feel that alcohol is necessary, since all of you are clearly underage. There are many very nice sparkling fruit juices that are interesting. That is what I serve when I invite over adult friends who do not drink actual wine or spirits. I would also have a variety of sodas available. There is absolutely nothing wrong with serving that. My eldest son, who, on his grad had the choice of a safe grad (with alcohol) or a chem free (dry) grad party, chose the chem free one, because he said the chem free parties were way more fun (and much cheaper, besides).

Read More Answers...

My birthday is in October and I was thinking of doing a bonfire, but if you guys have any other ideas that will help me have a better birthday please let me know.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Two of my children were born in Oct so we always had fun parties...

We've created haunted houses,held costume parties, visited a cornfield maze, pumpkin decorating contest/parties (and gave the finished pumpkins to our library to raffle off to earn them some money), had haunted scavenger hunts on our property at night with flashlights and even a fun grand costume/fall event at a hall with everyone dressing as their favorite character in a book or show/movie. We even had some trampolines and fun houses at one big bash!

I hope you have a fantastic birthday!

Tomorrow is my birthday and I've planned on celebrating it with my family until afternoon and then at around 7pm, until about midnight, there are gonna be some friends coming over. I actually planned on having a bonfire, but it might rain tomorrow so I need ideas for before it gets dark and in case it's raining and we can't have a bonfire. I need some ideas to keep them entertained during the party, before the bonfire and in case we can't have the bonfire at all. We have a whirlpool, but it's only for 4 people (and there are going to be 6 all in all) and we also have a soccer table, a big TV (although I don't wanna watch movies all the time) or maybe chocolate fondue. But I don't know if that stuff would be too boring. I would really appreciate some more ideas!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Since it's pretty late I'd suggest cool box games. Cranium is a fun one that offers an assortment of different things to do that gets folks laughing! If your friends are brave enough, lip singing to their favorite songs is another idea.

I want to invite my friends to go somewhere to eat on my birthday. I don't know what is the 5 star restaurant, so do you know what is the best restaurant in Rickmanworth for a 17th birthday?

By Harriet S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know any restaurants in your area, but I will tell you that 17 year olds do not want to go to a 5 star restaurant. Most 17 year olds would not appreciate the food that is served in such places. An upscale family chain would be a much better choice.

Here we have places such as Red Lobster, Boston Pizza, and Earl's that are upscale but serve food that teenagers appreciate. You also want to pick a place that your guests will enjoy. I have taken adults to places with lovely menus, and they couldn't find anything to eat because the restaurant didn't serve chicken fingers!

Lunch is often a more affordable option than dinner, as well. If you let the restaurant know it is your birthday, they usually will do some sort of happy birthday song and dessert for the birthday person.

I will be 17 in June. I need birthday party ideas? I have done everything I can think of, movies, bonfires, luau, masquerade, swimming, sleepover, 70s and more. I have a very huge family and quite a few friends who come. Most parties are usually 100-150 people with their ages ranging anywhere from 4-60 years old. It's so hard to find ideas to where it's fun, but not based around just teenagers. Help?

By Halley

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How fun, Halley, to have such a diverse group celebrating your birthday! I was lucky to grow up with a similar mix. The one thing that draws everyone together is, of course, food, but before (or after) eating, why not arrange different games for different ages? Tag and hide-and-seek, kick the can, frisbee for younger, more energetic types? Cards, backgammon, cribbage for those who prefer to be a bit more sedentary? That said, we used to love to organize teams and play slow-pitch (baseball) with various older folk filling in to coach and referree.

Does your crowd contain any musicians? With that many people, think of the jam session you could have!

I hope these ideas help, and I hope you have an excellent birthday.

My birthday date is already set and I had an idea for laser tag but I didn't realize how expensive it was. I thought about roller blading, but going around in circles over and over again gets boring. I want to do cosmic bowling, but I also want to do something else. I want an all day kind of party, but I'm dry on non expensive ideas.

By Jennifer F.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It sounds like you love activities, so why don't you take some of your friends to a local mountain for a hike. Bring some fun snacks/ lunch and enjoy each others company. Have cake and presents at your house afterwards.

Read More Answers...

I have no clue what to do for my 17 birthday.

By Lacy T.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Maybe go laser tagging or paint balling?

I'm turning 17 on February 28th. I don't know what to do for my birthday. I need something that will entertain my friends and boyfriend, he gets bored easily. I was thinking of having a bonfire.

By Rhi Rhi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Oh My! I have the same birthday too! You can have a hotel sleepover party?

I'm having my 17th birthday in a few months and I'm going out for lunch. How do I keep my friends entertained while we're there? I know we can talk, but I don't think we'd be talking for the full 2 1/2 hours.

AnswerMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
                    Load More
                    Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayNovember 20, 2011
                    A 16 year old girl holding a cake at her birthday with friends.
                    16th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
                    Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
                    Raising Girls
                    15th Birthday Party
                    15th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
                    17th Birthday Party
                    17th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
                    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 3, 2016 at 9:05:10 PM on 10.0.2.78 in 845 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.