17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Planning a birthday party is fun and often challenging. The older the child gets, it seems, the more creativity we need to employ. A 17th birthday is significant as the last one before reaching the milestone 18th birthday. This is a guide about 17th birthday party ideas for girls.

December 1, 2016 Flag

My 17th birthday is March 17 next year, on a Friday. I just don't know what to do. It's also my golden birthday. I had a hotel already and rented out a hall. I was kind of thinking of a bowling party or a photoshoot because I like taking pictures. I don't have that many friends. Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Have a 17 themed party. Invite your friends to see "The Edge of Seventeen". Have them come back to your house to make their own pizzas. Have 17 toppings: mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, green pepper, yellow pepper, red pepper, orange pepper, tomato, onion, olives, meatballs, eggplant, chicken, pepperoni, ziti, and mini ravioli. You could have your friends take 17 pictures and use an app to make a collage.

December 2, 2015 Flag

I'm turning 17 February 6, but I don't know what to do. I want my friends and I to get cute like dress up, wear heels, and make-up. I do not want a party.

Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Why not find a Mary Kay representative to come in and do facials/make up for you and your friends? Have someone else take BFF pictures, and then do some type of mini scrapbook/craft idea with the pictures? There's a couple of perfect CRICUT cartridges, that can provide you with super inexpensive designs for your albums. There's a Teenage Paper Dolls cartridge, and other fashion type! Happy Birthday in advance, and have fun! Respond back if you need help planning :)

November 20, 2016 Flag

My birthday is in January and I'm wanting to do something fun, but I have a friend that is in a wheelchair and I would like to do something she could do too. I don't really want to go to a restaurant again because we have done that for the past 3 years so I'm wanting to do something different. I may be inviting a lot of people too, at least 8 friends and a lot of family, but they all won't come so I don't want anything super expensive. Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks for the advice! Not sure if anything like that is going on around my birthday. ill look into it :)

July 2, 2016 Flag

So I'm turning 17 on the 28th of this month, July. I need decoration ideas and gift ideas. Any help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

So I:m turning 17 on the 12 of October I need decoration ideas and gift ideas

July 20, 2016 Flag

I'm having my 17th bday party on the 31st of July, which is soon. I have no ideas on how to keep my friends entertained! Help please.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

oh my God me too ,i was thinking of organising a pool party and then later a party in a litlle club,or restaurant ,im glad i never had somebody whith the same birthday date

October 29, 2016 Flag

I still don't know what I would like to do for my 17th birthday. All I know is that it will have to be on a Sunday as most of my friends now have jobs on Saturday. It can't be too expensive as both my friends and I are strapped for cash. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

On my sister's last birthday, she made a list of new things she wanted to do / try: one item for every year. Why not ask your friends to help you with a list of your own, then do one of those things with them to celebrate your b'day? No item need be expensive or complicated, could be as easy as a one-mile hike or taking a jewellery-making class.

Alternatively, what are the things you love to do with your friends? Pick one and do a few things to make it special? For instance, if you love to have a meal with them, why not make the meal? If you all love getting together just to hang out, why not get dressed up and drink soft drinks from wine glasses? Could be the start of a fun tradition for all of you?

Happy Birthday!

October 27, 2016 Flag

So, I'm going to be 17 on November 30th. I don't have many friends so I don't want a party. But I need some ideas on what I should do, like what activities outside of home. Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

you could go to the cinema and have fun and get pizza afte it

August 31, 2016 Flag

I'm turning 17 December 5 and I don't know what I should do. I want to do a dance party, but my grandma doesn't like the same music I like and my mom doesn't like a lot of people to be at her house. Mom wants to take me to a restaurant, but I don't know which one sings happy birthday and gives you a free desert. I'm going to ask short questions. I'm going to number them and I hope someone can answer them.

1. What restaurant throws you a party?
2. Where can I have a dance party?
3. What kind of electronics have certain songs you can play outside out loud?
4. What's something fun I could do that's not only for kids?
5. How many friends should I have at my party?
6. How to get my family to let me invite my crush to my party?
7. How to not be sad when my birthday party is over?
8. How to talk my grandma into getting me a car? (I don't have a driver's license.)
9. How to celebrate my birthday the whole entire day?

Well that's all the questions I can think of. Another thing, I know I'm posting this early I just can't wait till my birthday comes.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I will answer a few of your questions. First, just about any restaurant you go to will give you a cupcake and have the wait staff sing happy birthday to you if they know it is your birthday. You can always have someone phone ahead and check if this is something that the restaurant will do.

I do not know what sort of party you are expecting, but perhaps you could have a restaurant meal with your family, and then have a group of friends over for a party. A house party does not need to be an elaborate affair, and even if you have large house and talk your parents into hosting a dance party, I don't think you should have more than 20 guests. If that is not a possibility, perhaps you could do something like have a bowling party, swim party, skating party etc, followed by food and cake. It should be easy enough to invite your crush if you are inviting a large group of friends. When my sons were teens, if the party involved a big expense, such as paintball, the guests paid for that themselves.

I think it is rather unreasonable to expect your grandmother to get you a car. Concentrate on getting your drivers' license first, and perhaps a job which will enable you to save money to buy your own car.

You will have many more birthdays in your life. Each one does not need to be more dazzling and wonderful than the previous one. Enjoy the day, and focus on setting goals that will enrich your life, like learning to drive.

November 29, 2015 Flag

My 17th birthday is coming up on December 14th. Each year I throw memorable and fun parties. Last year I threw a masquerade party for my 16th. I want to keep it home, but I have no idea what I should do. I could do a movie night, but I do those anyways and it is not as lit. Please send help, I'm so stressed! What does a girl do for her 17th anyways?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Bonfires are always fun, my kids like to have those. Have lots of food and drinks for everyone, sit around the fire and talk. I hope you have a great day, and Happy Birthday~

May 7, 2015 Flag

I'm turning 17 on June 27 and my mom decided it would be totally OK if she were to host a baby shower on the same day. A baby shower that she is not going to be here for.
I am sad and angry, but the baby shower is for someone I love a lot. I have no idea what to do. And if my mom is not going to be here for the baby shower that means she won't be here for my birthday. Do I talk to her about it or just leave it be?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I can see why you'd be upset. Your mom didn't even talk with you about this or whether or not you thought it was okay. Certainly someone else could have hosted the baby shower, or she could have chosen a different day.

The important thing is that you talk to your mother about this and how it made you feel.

October 1, 2013 Flag

I am turning 17 on October 25th and I have no idea what to do for a party. I don't want anything too expensive, but I have an unlimited budget. Ideas? The party will be boys/girls and the age range is from 16 to 20.

By Leah

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Omg that's my birthday too, wow so amazing. Here are few ideas I had of my own:

1. Go skating( good ole skating just brings everyone together, you get to watch your friends and family fall and dance and eat and just enjoy themselves)

2. Bowling

3. Go eat out at favourite restaurant(it's that one special day to eat whatever you like and also it will give you and friends to communicate and enjoy yourselves)

4. Throw a party(you can invite how ever many people you want and u can manage your own budget since it'd your party)

5. Go to Dave and Busters( perfect place to show your fun side and win awesome prizes, also perfect to compete and have fun with friends)

6. Go to movies ( perfect opportunity to catch up on new movies, and also hang with friends)

8. Go shopping( you'll never get too old for clothes)

You can do all these with friends and under a cheap budget

April 6, 2016 Flag

I will be turning 17 on July 1st and I don't know where I want to go. My last 4 birthdays have been horrible and I really want to have a great one this year. I know that I want to spend it with my friends. I just don't know how. Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Pack up and spend the day at the beach!

March 8, 2016 Flag

I am almost 17, I will be 17 in July 3rd. I dont know what I want to do for my Birthday, like if I want a party or not. Please help, I need some ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

you can go out with your friends

August 6, 2016 Flag

I will be 17 on the 14th of August. I'm having a sleepover/slumber party and I don't know what type of food and activities I should have. Any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Ask them what they want you can't just make it about you but I would recommend pizza

August 4, 2016 Flag

I don't want to be over the top. I'm more of a simple kind of girl and I don't really have any plans for my 17th birthday this November. I was wondering if any of you may have some ideas because I don't. Can someone please help?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm the same way I'll be 17 November as well but I want a party with music and dancing and food but I don't know of any venues to do so

October 9, 2012 Flag

I just turned 17 Monday October 8th and I have no idea what I can do to keep my friends entertained. I'm having a slumber party with my best friend and cousin, but I have no idea what I can do to keep them from being bored.
P.S. Please don't say any kiddy things because I'm 17 not 6... :)

By desrial20

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When my kids were about 17, all their friends used to hang here all weekend. They made pizza buns, fudge, and milk shakes...watched movies, played video games, and put crazy make up on the people who fell asleep.

February 3, 2015 Flag

My birthday is on March 16th and I don't know what I want to do for my birthday. Any ideas?

By Rae'Ven H

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Why not a "Murder Mystery"? Search "free murder mystery plays". Have fun and have a very happy birthday!

January 27, 2015 Flag

I turn 17 in November 2015. This my first time planning a party. I don't know what drinks I should give out, since most of my friends are drinkers. I wanted to hand out soda, but I'm stuck on this one; please help.

By Katelynn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When you say most of your friends are drinkers, that indicates they drink alcohol. I am sure you didn't mean that. But it did give me a thought that might be fun. There are a bunch of "virgin" drink recipes out there. Here is a link to some of them.

http://www.tabl  3da-d3a63074198c

If your parents okay it, it might be fun to have a "mock cocktail" party. This is not to promote how cool it is to drink, before anyone gives me a lecture. But it might be a way to taste what is out there in a fun, safe way.

PBP

June 6, 2016 Flag

I will be 17 in 28 days and I have no idea what I want to do. I need ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

*Spend 17 minutes with each grandparent with your undivided attention.

*Spend the whole afternoon helping at 17 different nursing homes where they need some companionship.

*Take your youngest sibling to the playground and push them on the swings for as long as they want.

*Clean the kitchen for your mother, including washing the walls and the cupboards.

*Volunteer to read at the library's story time, for 17 sessions.

*Take an elderly neighbor 17 cookies, and spend 17 minutes just talking with her/him/them.

** ie. Be of service and you will be richer than your wildest dreams.

OL

October 31, 2016 Flag

I'm turning 17 on November 4th and I have no idea what to do. I don't have a lot of money and can only afford something cheap. Please help me!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayNovember 20, 2011
A 16 year old girl holding a cake at her birthday with friends.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
15th Birthday Party
15th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
17th Birthday Party
17th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 8:02:21 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.