17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls

Category Birthday
Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
Planning a birthday party is fun and often challenging. The older the child gets, it seems, the more creativity we need to employ. A 17th birthday is significant as the last one before reaching the milestone 18th birthday. This is a guide about 17th birthday party ideas for girls.

I'm turning 17 February 6, but I don't know what to do. I want my friends and I to get cute like dress up, wear heels, and make-up. I do not want a party.

Any ideas?

Answer Was this helpful? 2
Best Answer

Why not find a Mary Kay representative to come in and do facials/make up for you and your friends? Have someone else take BFF pictures, and then do some type of mini scrapbook/craft idea with the pictures? There's a couple of perfect CRICUT cartridges, that can provide you with super inexpensive designs for your albums. There's a Teenage Paper Dolls cartridge, and other fashion type! Happy Birthday in advance, and have fun! Respond back if you need help planning :)

I am turning 17 on October 25th and I have no idea what to do for a party. I don't want anything too expensive, but I have an unlimited budget. Ideas? The party will be boys/girls and the age range is from 16 to 20.

By Leah

Answer Was this helpful? 2

I would have a makeup and hair party with a fashion shoot in London or the closed place this is fun and you can have lots of friends people will remember it for ever. you should try it out I had it and everyone is talking about it still.

by lucy

I just turned 17 Monday October 8th and I have no idea what I can do to keep my friends entertained. I'm having a slumber party with my best friend and cousin, but I have no idea what I can do to keep them from being bored.

P.S. Please don't say any kiddy things because I'm 17 not 6... :)

By desrial20

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Don't worry about people being bored especially if there's just two of you! I mean you should just be able to chat.

My 17th birthday is March 17 next year, on a Friday. I just don't know what to do. It's also my golden birthday. I had a hotel already and rented out a hall. I was kind of thinking of a bowling party or a photoshoot because I like taking pictures. I don't have that many friends. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Have a 17 themed party. Invite your friends to see "The Edge of Seventeen". Have them come back to your house to make their own pizzas. Have 17 toppings: mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, green pepper, yellow pepper, red pepper, orange pepper, tomato, onion, olives, meatballs, eggplant, chicken, pepperoni, ziti, and mini ravioli. You could have your friends take 17 pictures and use an app to make a collage.

I am turning 17 in a few days and have a few friends coming over, but have no idea what to do for fun, any ideas?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Plan a paint night. Pick a universal painting with little difficulty. Everybody has fun. Its a no brainer,

I'm turning 17 on June 27 and my mom decided it would be totally OK if she were to host a baby shower on the same day. A baby shower that she is not going to be here for.
I am sad and angry, but the baby shower is for someone I love a lot. I have no idea what to do. And if my mom is not going to be here for the baby shower that means she won't be here for my birthday. Do I talk to her about it or just leave it be?

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Anonymous

U need to talk to your mum

My 17th birthday is coming up on December 14th. Each year I throw memorable and fun parties. Last year I threw a masquerade party for my 16th. I want to keep it home, but I have no idea what I should do. I could do a movie night, but I do those anyways and it is not as lit. Please send help, I'm so stressed! What does a girl do for her 17th anyways?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Mari!!! From poly as in BALTIMORE polytechnic institute Mari ?

My birthday is on March 16th and I don't know what I want to do for my birthday. Any ideas?

By Rae'Ven H

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Hey, Ill be turning 17 in March too I think what you should try is get all your friends together for your special day and either get a hotel room rent movies, dance and have fun. Or go to Dave and Buster's (I think that's what its called), and go dance play games, and then go to your favorite restaurant.

But whatever you decide I hope you hace a great time.

From Adrianna

I turn 17 in November 2015. This my first time planning a party. I don't know what drinks I should give out, since most of my friends are drinkers. I wanted to hand out soda, but I'm stuck on this one; please help.

By Katelynn

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I like the idea of mock cocktails. That is kind of nifty. Do NOT feel that alcohol is necessary, since all of you are clearly underage. There are many very nice sparkling fruit juices that are interesting. That is what I serve when I invite over adult friends who do not drink actual wine or spirits. I would also have a variety of sodas available. There is absolutely nothing wrong with serving that. My eldest son, who, on his grad had the choice of a safe grad (with alcohol) or a chem free (dry) grad party, chose the chem free one, because he said the chem free parties were way more fun (and much cheaper, besides).

My birthday date is already set and I had an idea for laser tag but I didn't realize how expensive it was. I thought about roller blading, but going around in circles over and over again gets boring. I want to do cosmic bowling, but I also want to do something else. I want an all day kind of party, but I'm dry on non expensive ideas.

By Jennifer F.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

It sounds like you love activities, so why don't you take some of your friends to a local mountain for a hike. Bring some fun snacks/ lunch and enjoy each others company. Have cake and presents at your house afterwards.

It's my 17th birthday coming up and I want to do something fun with around 12 friends. I have a limited budget so usually I opt for something like bowling and the cinema, but I think I'd like to do something a bit different this year. Any ideas?

If you expect to have a warm day, have a cook out and organize fun games.

It's my birthday in June and I would like some ideas for what to do with my boyfriend and family. I don't really celebrate my birthday, but for my 17th I do want to with all these people. I would love any ideas.

Since it's also father's day in June - how about a nice BBQ at the lake or beach?

Hey guys, I'm planning a surprise party for my friends 17th birthday. It's going to be at her house and I know who is coming. Do you have any ideas as to how I could decorate her house? I was thinking streamers in her room but I also wanted to do stuff to the rest of her house! Thanks a bunch!

I'm actually doing a surprise party for my friend end of this month, too. Well about the decorating, you don't want to spend alot of money on decorations, so go to the Dollar Store, preferable Dollar Tree. Dollar Tree has some really nice decorations. Simply make sure that you have a lot of balloons hanging around so it will make her feel like it's actually a birthday.

Make sure you get her a pretty birthday cake, it's not a birthday if you don't have a a cake and candles, you have to make her feel special. Play some fun games with her, you have to make sure that all the attention is on her, because this is her big day, her birthday. Of course you want her to remember this day forever.

Also, another great idea, go to Michaels or Joanns, whichever, and buy a picture frame, with room around the picture slot for sigings. Have all the people who came to the party sign that frame, and insert a picture from the party so she won't ever forget this big day!! Good luck and best wishes. -Kristine K.

So I'm turning 17 on the 28th of this month, July. I need decoration ideas and gift ideas. Any help?

Just balloons and decorations will gd just fine I hoped you had a great birthday X

I will be turning 17 on July 1st and I don't know where I want to go. My last 4 birthdays have been horrible and I really want to have a great one this year. I know that I want to spend it with my friends. I just don't know how. Any ideas?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Pack up and spend the day at the beach!

I am almost 17, I will be 17 in July 3rd. I dont know what I want to do for my Birthday, like if I want a party or not. Please help, I need some ideas.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

you can go out with your friends

My birthday is in October and I was thinking of doing a bonfire, but if you guys have any other ideas that will help me have a better birthday please let me know.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Two of my children were born in Oct so we always had fun parties...

We've created haunted houses,held costume parties, visited a cornfield maze, pumpkin decorating contest/parties (and gave the finished pumpkins to our library to raffle off to earn them some money), had haunted scavenger hunts on our property at night with flashlights and even a fun grand costume/fall event at a hall with everyone dressing as their favorite character in a book or show/movie. We even had some trampolines and fun houses at one big bash!

I hope you have a fantastic birthday!

Tomorrow is my birthday and I've planned on celebrating it with my family until afternoon and then at around 7pm, until about midnight, there are gonna be some friends coming over. I actually planned on having a bonfire, but it might rain tomorrow so I need ideas for before it gets dark and in case it's raining and we can't have a bonfire. I need some ideas to keep them entertained during the party, before the bonfire and in case we can't have the bonfire at all. We have a whirlpool, but it's only for 4 people (and there are going to be 6 all in all) and we also have a soccer table, a big TV (although I don't wanna watch movies all the time) or maybe chocolate fondue. But I don't know if that stuff would be too boring. I would really appreciate some more ideas!

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Since it's pretty late I'd suggest cool box games. Cranium is a fun one that offers an assortment of different things to do that gets folks laughing! If your friends are brave enough, lip singing to their favorite songs is another idea.

I want to invite my friends to go somewhere to eat on my birthday. I don't know what is the 5 star restaurant, so do you know what is the best restaurant in Rickmanworth for a 17th birthday?

By Harriet S.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I don't know any restaurants in your area, but I will tell you that 17 year olds do not want to go to a 5 star restaurant. Most 17 year olds would not appreciate the food that is served in such places. An upscale family chain would be a much better choice.

Here we have places such as Red Lobster, Boston Pizza, and Earl's that are upscale but serve food that teenagers appreciate. You also want to pick a place that your guests will enjoy. I have taken adults to places with lovely menus, and they couldn't find anything to eat because the restaurant didn't serve chicken fingers!

Lunch is often a more affordable option than dinner, as well. If you let the restaurant know it is your birthday, they usually will do some sort of happy birthday song and dessert for the birthday person.

I will be 17 in June. I need birthday party ideas? I have done everything I can think of, movies, bonfires, luau, masquerade, swimming, sleepover, 70s and more. I have a very huge family and quite a few friends who come. Most parties are usually 100-150 people with their ages ranging anywhere from 4-60 years old. It's so hard to find ideas to where it's fun, but not based around just teenagers. Help?

By Halley

Answer Was this helpful? 1

How fun, Halley, to have such a diverse group celebrating your birthday! I was lucky to grow up with a similar mix. The one thing that draws everyone together is, of course, food, but before (or after) eating, why not arrange different games for different ages? Tag and hide-and-seek, kick the can, frisbee for younger, more energetic types? Cards, backgammon, cribbage for those who prefer to be a bit more sedentary? That said, we used to love to organize teams and play slow-pitch (baseball) with various older folk filling in to coach and referree.

Does your crowd contain any musicians? With that many people, think of the jam session you could have!

I hope these ideas help, and I hope you have an excellent birthday.

I have no clue what to do for my 17 birthday.

By Lacy T.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Maybe go laser tagging or paint balling?

I'm turning 17 on February 28th. I don't know what to do for my birthday. I need something that will entertain my friends and boyfriend, he gets bored easily. I was thinking of having a bonfire.

By Rhi Rhi

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Oh My! I have the same birthday too! You can have a hotel sleepover party?

I'm having my 17th birthday in a few months and I'm going out for lunch. How do I keep my friends entertained while we're there?
I know we can talk, but I don't think we'd be talking for the full 2 1/2 hours.
Please any comments are greatly appreciated.

By Ashleigh

Answer Was this helpful? 1

You do not provide any information about: the size and type of restaurant in which you will have lunch, the number of guests, and the size of the area, etc. Without this information, it is difficult to recommend activities. Except, of course, 2.5 hours on phones.

Your friends and you can play games, the old fashioned way, with cardboard and spinners such Monopoly, Trivia etc.

I'm turning 17 on February 1st 2015. I don't want to spend too much money. I don't have a budget either. I want to have fun with my friends. I'm not planning on inviting too many people. I just need some ideas on what to do for my birthday. I have less than a month to plan. Help!

By Jammie M.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I'm struggling for my 17th too. My 17th is February 28th. I'm thinking of having a bonfire. It's easy and cheap. Also you get to camp outside for the night which is pretty fun. You also can invite a lot of friends.

I am going to be 17 on July 27 and I'm inviting a lot of friends over. t will be a max of 25 people. I dont know what I should do for it. So what should I do?

Are you inviting your friends to your home? Do you have a big yard? You might be able to find fun do it yourself games on Pinterest. A water fight sounds like fun. When I was around that age, we hung out at the bowling alley and shoot pool.

I would like to throw a birthday party for one of my best friends. Her birthday is December 20th and she will be turning 17. That automatically rules out a cook out which was what I was wanting to do. It will be a surprise party. My parents are pastors of a church and they told me we could use the church for her party, and I'm happy about that so we don't have to rent somewhere. But I need some ideas as far as themes and decorations and what to do. Please help. Any advice would be very helpful to me! Also keep in mind I am on a very tight budget for this.

talofa..nice ideas for bday party..

I'm liking for ideas for my best friend's 17th birthday.

My birthday is during winter so I can't do any outdoor activities. I don't have a lot friends, it would only be 8 or so people. I also can't do a dance party because that's what I've been doing since my 13th birthday. I don't want to do anything too fancy, but I kinda want a main event, y'know?

Go to a place that has bowling/arcade/billiards all in one place :)

Load More