Homemade Gift Ideas for Boys

Homemade gifts are fun to make and give, but sometimes it is hard to come up with a great idea. This is a guide about homemade gift ideas for boys.

homemade toy truck
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 27, 2006 Flag

I know it is a little early to be thinking about Christmas, but I like to be prepared. I am in a pickle this year! I like to make homemade things, or at least things with a homemade touch. We usually spend $10-15 on our nieces and nephew. This year, for the nieces I am buying them each a pair of slippers, then filling them with foot lotion, salts, pumice stone, etc. and wrapping it up all nice. But... I have NO CLUE what to do for my 7 year old nephew. I know he is into video games (that is ALL he does) but we are trying to give him other opportunities. Does anyone have suggestions?

Jerusha from Fredericton, NB

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When I was a kid my parents farmed and being a dairy farmer in the '80's wasn't very profitable. One year my dad made rubberband guns for my four brothers. They LOVED them. Last year he gave one to each of my nephews, and they still love them. This year I'm going to sew them a target so they don't shoot each other all the time...though that may be part of the fun.

I am having trouble this year with making something for my brother but I cant think straight. It doesn't help that my mom died about 6 months ago. She has always been there to help me with gifts. I am breaking down.

Why not do the same the thing for him you do for the girls. Only use a ball cap of his favorite team or sport, fill it with maybe hot wheels if he likes those, or are there any kinds of books he likes. I have a 9 year old and he loves WWE wrestling, dinosaurs, his favorite tv show is river monsters, so he likes books about snakes and fish. He thinks he is all grown up and likes to use the Axe products so he smells good like dad and papa. Just a few ideas that might help

My bros love Lego and Star Wars so what bout a cuddly lego block or star wars toy?

^--^

- -

<

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Read More Answers...

August 12, 2010 Flag

I am planning to make simple, inexpensive gifts for all my nephews and nieces for Christmas. I know what I'm doing for the girls (rag dolls). I need some ideas for the boys. They range in age from 3-13.

By Tina from KS

Most kids like throw blankets made from Polar Fleece (pre-season sales will be starting soon). Food goes over well with boys, too (think fudge). You could also do "gift certificates" for batches of homemade goodies. Polarfleece also makes easy hats, scarves, and mittens. It also makes cute little stuffed animals for the little ones (that are washable, to boot!) There are (free) sock and slipper patterns online for polarfleece, as well.

By the way, you can make a single-thickness polarfleece blanket by turning the edges back a half inch and using yarn or craft floss to blanket stitch around the edges. More work than the no-sew knotted ones, but only one piece of fabric!

Levi quilts are nice for both boys and girls. You just back it with their favorite color fabric. I like to use the pockets on the quilt border so that the kids can put toys or other treasures in them as they hang over the edge of the bed.

Check out this website. It gives pattern designs and instructions:

http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpatternsprojects/ss/denim_quilts.htm

What about a sports theme. I made my son a duffle bag for his cleets and towel in his team/school colors and I also made sweat bands for the whole team in their school color

Read More Answers...
Holidays and Parties Gifts HomemadeMarch 5, 2013
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Cake with a 13 candles on it.
13th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
16th Birthday Cake
16th Birthday Gift Ideas for Boys
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 5:01:56 PM on 10.0.0.214 in 684 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.