Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Pickle Juice to Control Blood Sugar

I read in a magazine that taking 2 oz. of apple cider vinegar before meals helps control your blood sugar. Tried it - YUCK! But I did try sugar free (made with Splenda) pickle juice from Vlasic. This has worked like a charm. I have my sugar under control and it has helped me lose weight and works great when I have heartburn. I pour about 2 oz. in a shot glass and drink it down. Cheers!

By vixen44 from Norfolk VA

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By christine M. Thayer [2]03/01/2011

Yes, I've tried this, it worked for a bit, then started making me throw up. You need to be aware, that if this helps you, in the short term, then it is the acid in the vinegar that is helping to lower blood glucose. This means that your stomach does not produce enough hydrochloric acid (HCl).

Another thing, vinegar, acetic acid, is 1 of the waste acids our body ends up with after biological activity & these types of acids have to b filtered out by the kidneys. It adds to the over-all load of wastes acids. Our body don't like these floating around & can end up storing them in not so nice places, like joints & tissues. This can cause a great deal of pain & eventually damage. They can make you sick, give you headaches, migraines & the list could go on forever.

When our stomachs don't produce enough HCl, any acid (in this case acetic acid) will be borrowed by the stomach to do what it needs done. This only recycles those nasty acids & pollutes your body. Eventually the load outstrips the body' ability to detox & other nasty things happen.

HCl is the only inorganic acid our bodies make. It is clean & does many wonderful things for us. It also helps to detox our bodies.

Get the real thing or find out how to increase your own output of it. It is a vital element on many fronts.

cmt

By Lizzyanny [9]02/28/2011

Do be careful....pickle juice along with most brining mixtures is very high in salt.

By Lilac [18]02/28/2011

It isn't the pickle juice that is controlling your blood sugar. It is the absence of sugar. Without the pickle juice your blood sugar will stay the same as long as you do not add sugar.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.