Uses for Pickle Juice

Before you pour that pickle juice down the drain, consider that there are ways to use it. This is a guide about uses for pickle juice.

Uses for Pickle Juice

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these Uses for Pickle Juice shared by the ThriftyFun community! Have something to add? Please share!

I never knew what to do about all that tasty dill pickle juice after the pickles were gone. I did some searching on the internet and found this. People thought I was nuts, until they tried it. I get frequent requests for this dish now.

My dad puts dill pickle juice on his hydrangea roots to make them turn purple and pink instead of just white. They are very pretty.

I recently got a huge jar of pickles for under a dollar due to overstocking. My aunt always did this with her pickle juice, and I plan to do the same: Once all of the pickles have been eaten from your jar, save the pickle juice.

Use up pickle juice by adding mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until it is the consistency and flavor you prefer. Adding pickle juice with spices to sour cream makes a tasty dip for veggies too.

Don't throw out the vinegar from jars of pickles. It can be used in place of ordinary vinegar. Sprinkle it on fries, add to French dressing for salads, mix with olive oil for a bread dip. It can also be used one more time to make the lovely refrigerator pickles that are on trend at the moment.

Pickle Jar vinegar spooned onto plate of veggies

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

Drink a full glass of pickle juice leftover from when you run out of pickles or if you have more juice than the pickles for a good laxative.

Not long ago someone here asked for ideas to use pickle juice. The question definitely got me thinking. I found one chicken recipe at Allrecipes but didn't like a few of the ingredients so here's my tweak on it.

The left over juice from a pickle jar can be frozen to make some tasty popsicles. This is a guide about how to make pickle popsicles.

A jar full of pickles and pickle juice.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I made my usual unimpressive corned beef hash (leftover corned beef, diced and pan sauteed onions and cubed potatoes). On a whim, I added a couple of splashes of pickle juice at the very end.

Uses for Pickle Juice

Ask a QuestionHere are the Uses for Pickle Juice asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

What are some uses for pickle juice?

What uses does pickle juice have?

Is the pickle juice from pickles good for a puppy? Also, what can a dog eat and not eat? I am taking care of my sisters dog and I need to know this stuff!

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

What other recipes or uses for pickle juice are there?

When you eat all the pickled peaches from the jar, pour the juice off a can of regular peaches, put them in the jar, tighten the lid and refrigerate them for several days before eating.