Using Pickle Juice for a Sore Throat

Category Home Remedies
The antiseptic qualities in vinegar are enhanced by spices used to make pickles. This is a guide about using pickle juice for a sore throat.

When your kids have a sore throat and they don't want medicine, try having them gargle with pickle juice. They get the salt and vinegar in one go, and the kids usually love pickles.

I thought of this when the kids had sore throats, and they didn't want to gargle the hot/warm salty water that's the old standby. I have 3 kids, now ages 20, 18, and 17. They all loved pickles so it worked like a charm. I poured the juice into a small cup and told them to gargle as they sip on the juice. They usually drank it up any way, so I'd have to hide some for when just such a time came - LOL!

By susan from Vernon, AL

Here's one more vote for "Doctor Mom!" Only a mom knows what works for her kids, and your solution means fewer antibiotics in your kids' systems. Hope they pass on your home remedy to your grandkids when they come along.

My gramma used to have me drink a little bit of sweet gerkin (sp?) juice for hiccups. It worked every time.

Anonymous

That is so smart my kid has a sore throat right now and I don't have enough money to take her to the doctor so that really helped thank you