Cleaning the Filter Screen in a Dishwasher

I have small, sand like particles of food all over my dishes when I remove them from the dishwasher; I have a GE Nautilus. How can I clean out the screen in the bottom of the unit? I don't have the book that goes with the dishwasher, as we bought this house with the dishwasher in it, and the former owner didn't leave it. Thanks.

By Ginny from Murrells Inlet, SC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My question is if you rinse the food off of your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher? If not, you need to know that a dish washer is a soap clean sanitizer and not food remover.

If you do rinse the food off of the plates before loading the dishwasher here is the GE service and support info:

GE Answer Center®

1-800-626-2005

Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. ET

Saturday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET

Closed Sunday.

If you search the internet you may be able to find a copy of the book that goes with the dishwasher. Also I was told by a maytag repairman that dishwasher detergent has a shelf life and will expire if its old. He also said that the liquid soap is better than the powder. Hope this helps.

Dishwasher
Home and Garden Repair Appliances DishwasherApril 12, 2010
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:11:00 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.