Cleaning the Filter Screen in a Dishwasher

Category Appliances
Food particles and hard water deposits can eventually stop up the filter in your dishwasher. This is a guide about cleaning the filter screen in a dishwasher.

I have small, sand like particles of food all over my dishes when I remove them from the dishwasher; I have a GE Nautilus. How can I clean out the screen in the bottom of the unit? I don't have the book that goes with the dishwasher, as we bought this house with the dishwasher in it, and the former owner didn't leave it. Thanks.

By Ginny from Murrells Inlet, SC

Answers

Anonymous

My question is if you rinse the food off of your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher? If not, you need to know that a dish washer is a soap clean sanitizer and not food remover.

If you do rinse the food off of the plates before loading the dishwasher here is the GE service and support info:

GE Answer Center®
1-800-626-2005
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. ET
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET
Closed Sunday.

If you search the internet you may be able to find a copy of the book that goes with the dishwasher. Also I was told by a maytag repairman that dishwasher detergent has a shelf life and will expire if its old.

He also said that the liquid soap is better than the powder. Hope this helps.

How do you clean the filter in the dishwasher?

By susan from Ninety Six, SC

Answers

Anonymous

Here is a video called 'How to Clean a Removable Dishwasher Filter'. Keep in mind that all dishwashers are not the same, and that on some dishwashers you have to remove a couple of screws in order to remove the filter.

http://www.yout  ch?v=csRiKqV8Y64