Ask Wal-Mart to Match the Price

I'm limited to where I can afford to shop. Since we get our prescriptions at Wal-mart I do most of my grocery shopping there. If a different store has item on sale that I need and Wal-mart is higher in price I have Wal-mart match the other store price. It really helps out a lot.

By Angie from WI

I use price matching at Wal-Mart, also. Just be sure you bring your own flyer with the competitor's price. Once I was standing behind a customer at Wal-Mart who tried to get a price match, but didn't bring the flyer with the competitor's price. The cashier got the competitor's flyer, but couldn't locate the product that the customer wanted to price match. Without proof Wal-Mart won't match the price. I always bring my own flyer and haven't had any problems.

To whom do you speak about price matching?

Are there any limits to whose prices they'll match?

or for how many of an item they'll match prices on?

or for what kind of items they'll match prices on?

thanks for the tip,

shosha

These are the rules at the Wal-Mart I work at.

Bring your own ad.

The other store must be within a 50 mile radius.

We do not match Aldi, Save a Lot, Big Lots, etc. because they are closeout, discount, house brand only stores.

We do not match buy one get one, percentage off, dollar amounts off, in store coupons/rebates. It has to be a stated price.

Make sure you have the correct item. Check the brand and the size.

If the other store has a limit on the sale item, we will hold you to this limit.

Sort out your price match items and put them at the end of your order. Politely tell your cashier you have some items you'd like to price match and have you ads ready. Do not be offended when your cashier checks the ad. They have to make sure it is the correct brand, size, price and look at the sale dates on the ad.

Mostly, just be courteous and polite. Wal-Mart is doing you a favor by letting you match other store's prices and not having to make trips all over town. If you want to match something and your cashier won't, nicely ask for a manager.

Walmart would be doing me more of a favor if their prices were cheaper.I get way better deals and customer service at Kroger the double and triple coupons are great I get free stuff all the time Walmart isn't so nice that way.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJuly 9, 2008
Pink wedding shoes.
Dyeing Wedding Shoes
Shirts on Sale
Tips for Price Matching
painting a dresser
Painting Furniture to Match Your Decor
A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
🎄
🍂