Freezing Mangoes

I recently got a free box of mangoes with my grocery purchase and have not used them yet. I am wondering if they can be frozen and keep their flavour once frozen?

By Vanessa

Best Answer

Yes, you can freeze them very well. Just peel them, and remove the seed cutting around it to get all the fruit off, (I will then use a spoon to scrape any remaining fruit from around the seed), then puree the fruit and put it in Ziplock freezer bags. Flatten bag to remove all the air and lay it flat in your freezer. It you have more than one bag, flatten each bag and allow them to freeze before stacking them.

Frozen mango will make the best mango smoothie using just plain yogurt or vanilla yogurt or ice-cream. You can mix other fruits in with mango for a wonderful tropical treat.

Enjoy your good fortune. You hit the jackpot in my opinion.

MisMachado

Best Answer

Yes, definitely you can freeze, ripe mangoes. They are so to make smoothies or use to for pies or cakes. Just make sure that they are ripe. not the hard green ones.

Mangos freeze beautifully, just make sure you get as much air out of the bag as possible. You can use them later in your favorite baking recipes. They won't have the same texture as fresh, so they are best cooked, and not used in a salsa, etc. Enjoy!

Mango on white background with leaves.
Freezing Mangoes
Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesJuly 22, 2011
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Freezing Artichokes
Canned mangoes.
Canning Mangoes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
Mango Tree
Growing a Mango Tree
🎄