Freezing Prepared Foods

This is a guide about freezing prepared foods. Preparing meals in advance and freezing them can be a huge time saver for a busy family. Here are some great tips for successfully freezing prepared meals.

Does anyone have any general tips for freezing prepared foods? I have a new freezer in the garage and want to put it to work.

Thanks in advance,
Deb

Don't waste money on prepared foods. Instead, prepare meals ahead of time and freeze them, or double a recipe when cooking, and freeze the second for a hectic day coming up.

By Chell

Answers:

Home Prepared Meals

Excellent advice. I've just gotten interested in Once A Month Cooking. I'm starting out slow by tripling my dinner recipes, and freezing two. Today I'm making cookies dough for 10 dozen chocolate chip cookies. Forming the dough into balls, and freezing them allows me to bake fresh cookies in the amount I want anytime. To find out more just do a Google search with OAMC in the search box.

(03/05/2005)

By Anne

Home Prepared Meals

Another good idea is to prepare you meat before you freeze it on grocery day. I divide up my meat as usual for freezing but I get it ready. Like I take one pound of hamburger and add all the things to make it ready for meatloaf or spaghetti, then put it in baggies for freezing. Or I put my pork or chicken in a marinade and then into freezer containers. Takes out a step when you want to use them. Plus the marinade has a lot of time to infuse your meat. (05/19/2006)

By christi