Should The Dry Clean Deal With Ring Around the Collar?

My Husband wears dress shirts quite regularly throughout the week, and I always take them to the dry cleaners. but the dry cleaner hasn't been able to get out the ring around the collar. Should I expect him to? Is he not doing what is expected of him? Or do I need to use something else to treat the ring around the collar? Most of them are french cuff shirts so I can't wash them myself. So what can I pretreat them with that i won't have to physically wash the whole shirt to get out?

Katie from Oshkosh, Wisconsin

Look in the phone book for a Shaklee sales person. The Shaklee Basic H works wonders on EVERYTHING!!

I have been told to use shampoo on the collar. I use an old toothbrush to rub the shampoo in and then wash as usual.

you can always use avon's bubble bath or avon's skin so soft.....both claim to remove ring around the collar....check out this website....

htttp://bridgett.maddoc.net/sales/sss.html

There is no reason why you can't launder shirts with French cuffs - I did it for years. Of course, they will probably need ironing. Just treat the ring around the collar with spray'n'wash or some other stain remover and I'm sure it will come out.

My drycleaner insists I pretreat all shirt collars with spray & wash. They won't do it without asking and certainly not all collars without charging you extra.The "goop" for laundry also works well, apply some then scrub it into the soiled area. Wonderful stuff for greasy hands and laundry.

Jill

My cleaners use to remove collar,ink and lipstick stains for free but they charge for the service now they tell me that they charge for the extra time spent removing the spots.

They tell me the process is expensive since they have to pay a person to remove the stain and than they have to dry clean the shirt to remove the chemicals used to remove the stains.

For years my husband and son wore dress shirts, sometimes I had 3 a day, 21 per week. I washed them all at home, gave them to each guy in a plastic bag and he would get them laundered or pressed at the dry cleaners at his office building. Cost the same but we knew they were really clean and with no ordors or nasty chemicals to irritate skin

Wash the whole shirt and then send to cleaners, not a big job with today's washing machines. Actually, french cuffs are not hard to iron. Take it slow and easy and after a few efforts you will have it done. I used to calculate 5 mins per shirt. Then teach your men to do it themselves and now you are talking about saving serious money.

My son made a fortune in college pressing clothes for other guys, or he would wait in the laundrette and change their clothes from washer to dryer. He could study while he waited. He is now a human rights lawyer and very self-sufficient when he is posted in Africa or Asia. Mind you, I always say, thank god for T shirts

Woman Looking at Shirt Collar
Cleaning Ring Around the Collar
Home and Garden Cleaning Dry CleaningApril 27, 2006
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
dress shirt
Collar Stay Replacement Ideas
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
🎉
🎄