Removing Shoe Dye From Carpet - Categories:

CarpetCleaning

Removing Shoe Dye From Carpet

I need a way to remove shoe dye from a carpet. Any suggestions? Help, help.

Thank you.

Janice from North Carolina

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Janice, I've got a husband in the military so I feel for you. If I catch it right away I can get them out with white vinegar and water. 3/4 vinegar and 1/4 water. I hope this helps you.

The vinegar works wonders! I was surprised it got out a stain that had set for a few hours and pretty much dried. Thank you so much!

Just tried regular rubbing alcohol that you find in the medicine cabinet, (70%), alcohol content. I poured it right on the black stain and blotted with white paper towels. Got out the black shoe dye....yes dye, out in seconds. Come to think of it there is a dye remover wherever you find shoe dye to prep the shoes when dyeing them. That will probably do a nice job as well.

You can try Spot Shot. I once got out hair dye from a carpet with it, but be sure to blot not rub.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetSeptember 23, 2004
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 11:19:00 PM on 10.0.1.132 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.