Uses for Old Dish Drainers

When you need to replace your dish drainer, use your old one for storing potatoes or other produce. Cut two pieces of cardboard (each about a foot long and 5-6 inches wide). Insert a piece of it on edge on either end of the dish drainer so that potatoes, etc do not fall out the ends.

Also old dish drainers can be used to display plates, glasses, etc. at a yard sale.

By Judy S. from Valley City, ND

I use an old dish drainer for drying flower pots and small gardening tools outside, on a table near the water spigot. It's easy to pick up and move into the shed once the items are dry.

When my children were young I used an old dish drainer in the bathroom for their tub toys; it sat nicely on the tub floor and let the toys drain, and then kept them coralled until the next bathtime play.

I have an old red dish drainer in the kitchen that I use to store potatoes. It tucks nicely under a cabinet, out of the way yet handy and, to me, decorative.

It's fun coming up with new ways to use dish drainers that, for whatever reason, have been replaced by newer ones.

Dish Drying Rack
Uses for a Dish Drying Rack
Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 17, 2010
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Uses for Old Cameras, old camera
Uses for Old Cameras
Uses for Old Briefcases, Worn two strap leather briefcase.
Uses for Old Briefcases
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🎄