Grandma's Macaroni Salad

I'm looking for a macaroni salad recipe my grandma made. She's gone now and it isn't in the family cookbook. It had twist noodles, chunks of ham and I think Velveeta cheese. I have no clue about the sauce. Does anyone have something close to this?

Thanks for any recipes.

Tami from Byron Center, MI

This might not be like Grandma's but close:

~~~Good Luck~~~

Give it a Try...

1 (16 ounce) package macaroni

2 red bell peppers, chopped

1 green bell pepper, chopped

1/2 cup chopped green onions 1 stalk celery, chopped (optional)

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 cup mayonnaise

1 packet dry vegetable soup mix

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and rinse with cold water until no longer hot. Transfer noodles to a large bowl.

2. Stir in red bell peppers, green bell peppers, green onions, celery and olive oil. Mix in mayonnaise and soup mix. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.

Not knowing what the salad tasted like, chances are your grandma probably used just mayonnaise for the dressing on her macaroni salad. She may have added sweet relish or a little sugar or lemon juice with salt and pepper. I would try mixing up some of that and put over twisty noodles with ham and cheese chunks. My mother also adds onion, boiled egg, radish, celery and tomatoes, strange yes, but oh so good! If not like your grandma's, it still will be good! By the way, I don't live to far from you....just outside of Grandville in Wyoming.

The spiral noodles are called fusilli, sometimes called scroodles. Maybe if you do a search, you might be able to find the recipe on the web.

Macaroni Salad With Chopped Peppers on Top
Macaroni Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads PastaAugust 17, 2006
tuna macaroni salad
Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipes
Chicken Macaroni Salad
Chicken Macaroni Casserole Recipes
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls