Macaroni Salad Recipes

Category Salads
Macaroni salad is a popular side or main dish, for picnics, barbecues, or anytime. This page contains macaroni salad recipes.

As easy as chopping and mixing various ingredients. A nice contrast to other salads being served at the same meal.

• 1 (8 oz.) box elbow macaroni (cooked to a little past al dente)
  • 6 large hard boiled eggs, chopped fine
  • 1/2 cup green onion, green and white parts, chopped small
  • 2/3 cup celery, chopped small
  • 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
  • 2/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped small
  • 1/2 cup green salad olives, chopped small
  • 1/2 cup ripe black olives, chopped small
  • 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped fine
  • 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese

Dressing:

• 16 oz. (2 cups) sour cream
  • 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 tsp. fresh paprika (optional)

Directions:

Add cooked macaroni to a large mixing bowl along with all the other salad ingredients. Mix well.

Make dressing and pour over salad ingredients and stir until everything is blended together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Best if made the day before and refrigerated overnight to allow the flavors to "marry".

Servings: 10-12
Prep Time: 1 Hours
Cooking Time: Overnight refrigeration Days

Source: I wanted something very different so that there would be a noticeable contrast to my All American Potato Salad when served at the same time. It is certainly that.

By Julia from Boca Raton, FL

We recently had 20 relatives over for a barbecue. I came up with the most inexpensive sides I could think of, and this was one of them. I originally found this recipe on All Recipes. I took all the comments that people wrote they would put in it and adapted it into this delicious salad. It makes a lot but we eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a few days. It's that good!

Total Time: About 30 minutes

Yield: A lot of salad!

Source: Macaroni Salad recipe on all recipes.com

• 4 cups dry macaroni
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp mustard
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 large carrots, grated
  • 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
  • 4 Tbsp pimento or diced roasted red bell peppers

1. Cook macaroni according to the instructions on the package. Drain pasta. Run cold water over it until cooled down. Let drain.
  2. While macaroni is cooking, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
  3. Advertisement

4. Add chopped ingredients; red onion, celery, carrots, eggs and pimento (or roasted red bell peppers). Mix.
  5. Add macaroni. Stir until mixed. It'll be soupy-looking. But don't worry, it thickens up in the refrigerator.
  6. Refrigerate macaroni salad at least 4 hours or overnight.

Recipe for making pea salad.

This salad has vegetables, macaroni, tomatoes, cheese and home made sauce! Is a great any time salad. Whenever I make it everyone wants the recipe.

This is another staple in my house while I was growing up that I have carried over to my own family. I just love the combination of ingredients in this. Great salad!

This is a great salad with a great tasting dressing!

This is a recipe that was given to my mother by our next door neighbor. My husband, Justin, could eat this everyday if I made it.

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, green onions, tomato and celery.

I was raised on this macaroni salad recipe. It was very common for our family to have this at the holiday season meals.

This macaroni salad has one of the best dressings I have ever had in a macaroni salad. Very sweet and good!

I think this is kind of a different take on ordinary macaroni salad! Very, very good! The cabbage makes this excellent!

I just love the whole combination of ingredients in this salad. You could almost eat this as a main dish with the meat and veggies both in it.

This is a unique macaroni salad. Very good and tangy!

This dressing is extremely good! Very good salad!

This is one I grew up on. Love the pasta!

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Cool. Cube other ingredients and mix together. Add Miracle Whip to your taste and mix well. Refrigerate.

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the macaroni, carrots, green pepper and onion.

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In large bowl, combine macaroni, dressing, celery, carrot, pepper, onion and cheese; toss to combine.

If you don't like sauerkraut, drained coleslaw works, just as well.

Load More

Food and Recipes Recipes SaladsMarch 23, 2012
🐛
😎
😷
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf26026152.tip.html