Repairing Bathroom Wall

I have an area right next to the shower tile on the drywall that is very damaged and wet with mold and mildew. Can this spread behind the shower tile wall? And what can I do to remedy this problem? Thanks for any help.

By Linda

Get a carpenter that can do the job, good luck.

May 18, 2012 Flag

We tiled up to the edge of the shower screen, which then to the left goes to a painted wall. We have had a leakage through the shower screen and subsequently this has ruined the wall? Since someone has said that you should not tile up to the shower door and a plumber has said he will remove the door, dry the wall and see what is happening under the silicone. I am worried that this will not solve the issue. Is it therefore advisable to remove the door, dry the wall and then put a column of tiles there? Help, I am not sure what to do for the best.

By Lorraine

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 29, 2009 Flag

I noticed the wallpaper in the bathroom was lifting so I pulled it off and about three layers of wall came off with it. There was some net looking stuff and cardboard, all that's left is a brown wall, like paper.

Should I hire someone to fix my whole bathroom wall or can I do it? If so what do I need and how do I do it? It looks like it needs plaster over it or something. The layers peeled off and it smells like mildew. I didn't think it was going to be that bad. Yikes.

I have Lowes here so if you use products from there I will need the name and the amount to get.

Picaso from Florida

Answers:

Repairing Bathroom Wall

Sounds like my walls. I did the same thing. All you're left with is almost like a pressed cardboard. Apparently this was used before there was drywall. It was intended to have a plaster veneer over it. Fortunately for me my husband is a plasterer. You will either need to have it plastered or tear it out and replace it with drywall. (04/04/2005)

By Tina

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Drywall in Need of Repair
Repairing Drywall
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomOctober 29, 2009
Removing wallpaper with a scraper.
Repairing Drywall After Wallpaper Removal
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 4:40:49 PM on 10.0.0.76 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.