Repairing Bathroom Wall

I have an area right next to the shower tile on the drywall that is very damaged and wet with mold and mildew. Can this spread behind the shower tile wall? And what can I do to remedy this problem? Thanks for any help.

By Linda

Answers

Get a carpenter that can do the job, good luck.

October 29, 2009 Flag

I noticed the wallpaper in the bathroom was lifting so I pulled it off and about three layers of wall came off with it. There was some net looking stuff and cardboard, all that's left is a brown wall, like paper.

Should I hire someone to fix my whole bathroom wall or can I do it? If so what do I need and how do I do it? It looks like it needs plaster over it or something. The layers peeled off and it smells like mildew. I didn't think it was going to be that bad. Yikes.

I have Lowes here so if you use products from there I will need the name and the amount to get.

Picaso from Florida

Answers:

Repairing Bathroom Wall

Sounds like my walls. I did the same thing. All you're left with is almost like a pressed cardboard. Apparently this was used before there was drywall. It was intended to have a plaster veneer over it. Fortunately for me my husband is a plasterer. You will either need to have it plastered or tear it out and replace it with drywall. (04/04/2005)

By Tina

Drywall in Need of Repair
Repairing Drywall
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomOctober 29, 2009
Removing wallpaper with a scraper.
Repairing Drywall After Wallpaper Removal
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄