The sausage flavors the chicken, the peppers compliment the sausage, and the dish cooks very easily in crock pot! I also like to do Dutch oven cooking while camping and this recipe would work very easy in that pot as well.
- 1 lb. chicken (I use either boneless thighs or breasts)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (I leave them whole)
- 1 green pepper (cut into 1 inch squares)
- 1 red pepper (cut into 1 inch squares)
- 2 onions (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- entire head of garlic (I leave the cloves whole)
This is the easy part, put everything into cooker, I lay the sausage on bottom and then chicken. Put the vegetables on top and let simmer for a few hours. When finished, I serve with noodles and maybe zucchini sauteed with onion.
|Time:||20 Minutes Preparation Time|
3 Hours Cooking Time
By Starlene from Lakewood, CA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 22, 2016 at 11:01:15 PM on 10.0.0.197 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us