Arranging Furniture in a Room with Floor to Ceiling Windows and a Great View

I have a room that is 15'x32'; the side that is 32' has ceiling to floor windows facing the lake and the mountain. The sides that are 15' have a center wall that is 5' wide and 7.3' high with no windows and another wall 32' that has no windows. I'm wondering where the best place to put the television would be? Also, where should I put the furnishings and get the best out of the view?

By Cindy from Mossyrock, WA

I think that I would put the TV in one corner of the room next to the window wall. If you put it anywhere else, you are going to get glare from the windows, won't you? And if you have a spectacular view, you don't want to have the drapes closed all the time. Face the furniture to take advantage of the view, otherwise, why have it. And if the TV is in the corner, you can therefore, see the TV and the view at the same time.

TV? What on earth do you want a TV in that room for? Get it out and set it in the shed!

Presumably it would need to be located near an outside wall, so if there is space on the window wall in a corner. Or create a corner with a dividing screen to prevent glare from the windows. A room with that much natural light is going to ruin your TV viewing. I'd put the TV in another room entirely.