Uses for Jars

Tips for reusing jars. Post your ideas.

They can be used for so many things.

Two ideas:

Washed artichoke jars can be used as tea light holders. I use 4 of them and paint "N" "O" "E" "L" on them with fabric paint. They look beautiful outside near the front door, on a table in the entry, buffet, etc.

Tomato sauce, fried pepper jars, etc.: Wash them (do not remove label) and place wildflowers, small bunches of cut flowers or fresh herbs (smells great). Voila! a charming holder and didn't cost a cent! I especially love the fried pepper jar with label holding zinnias, so colorful!

By Annie

we uses babyfood jars to hold paint or glue at school,,,we aldo use peanutbutter and manaise jars to hol tempera paint...you can also plant seeds in soil and the children can watch them grow also you can put earth worms in soil wrap the outside with black paper for a couple days and then tale it off and you can see the earthworms traveling in the soil...just to name a few...gail2656

I make bread and butter and dill pickel slices in the summer...then later in the year I fill glass peanut butter, jelly, etc. jars with the pickels...at christmastime I cover the lids with a chrismassy cloth circle and tie them on with a ribbon, put on a tag and give them as christmas gifts.....I also make jams and jellies and use the glass jars....

My husband took baby food jars, screwed the lids under a shelf over his workbench in the garage and stores screws, nails, etc in each of them. he just unscrews the jar and puts it back when he is done. Everything is displayed, but not in the way. Works with any size jar.

I also use them for homemade tomato sauce and leftovers.