Creative Uses for Canning Jars

If your blender cap, gasket, and blades will fit onto a standard canning jar, you have your very own Magic Bullet, coffee grinder, and baby food grinder in one. I already had drinking glasses that have handles on them that look like canning jars, and regular canning jars can be used for drinking glasses too.

I have found that the pint size canning jars were the most useful for me, like for grinding and keeping fresh ground coffee beans (ask online how many seconds to grind beans for what type of coffee you want). I have used other sizes too. I have some of the small 1/2 cup ones that works well for my grandson's homemade baby food too. I also bought a box of 12 canning lids that twist, not expensive, and not the usual two part canning jar lids, and they are great for covering anything left over put into the refrigerator.

My Oster blenders have always been able to use canning jars for me. I don't know about the other types of blenders, so just check and see if they will fit. I'm pretty sure there are others that will fit too.

Be careful with using boiling water in blending in the canning jars. I didn't have any problems with it ever, but I thought it was best to put a towel over it before blending, just in case.

By Kathryn Visser from Grand Rapids, MI

9 More Solutions

A way to use an old canning jar to display your collections.

Candle holder on top of jar filled with spools of thread.

Use a glass mason jar as a measuring cup for liquids. It has all the markings listed on the side.

Make a Mason Jar Oil Lamp Craft Project. Punch hole in center of lid. Bring wick up through hole. Secure wick with washer on underside of lid.

I always have canning jars around. At Christmas, I fill some with assorted Christmas colored candy; those star brite mints, gold and silver foil wrapped candies, etc.

I need some ideas for old jelly jars.

By Pam

Answers

www.momtastic.com/.../168908-diy-tinted-mason-jars-in-rainbow

This is how to tint jars and glass.

You could put some homemade bath salts, milk bath or bath fizzies or bath bombs in them & give as a gift. Or make a piggy bank out of it & put the name of whatever you are saving for on it.

Example: expensive dinner out or craft fund or new shoes & just drop loose change in it. Also make candles in them or put hot cocoa mix w/marshmallows inside.The possibilities are endless! Good luck with whatever you choose & keep on crafting! : D

Answer this Question

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Redneck wine glass made out of candle holder and Mason jar (with E-6000 glue).

Mason jar glued to candle holder.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

This page contains homemade gifts in a jar ideas. Soups, cookie mixes, the options are numerous for gifts in a jar.

gift mix in a jar

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

There are many ways to use and reuse these food storage containers. This page contains crafts using Mason jars.

mason jar vase

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Glass Mason jars come in many different sizes and colors. They are perfect to use as vases, glassware or candleholders for any event. This is a page about using Mason jars as centerpieces.

Mason jar wrapped with Jute rope filled with Babies Breath flowers on a table.

Crafts MiscellaneousDecember 17, 2012
🌻
🐛
👒
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Creative-Uses-for-Canning-Jars.html