Caring for Day Lilies

My day lilies started to bloom fine early in April, then when it started to get hot the stems started turning yellow and dying back. It also stopped blooming. I water it in well a couple times a week and it gets lots of evening sun. I don't know what to do.

By Dale from Dallas, TX

You may need to plant them with some shade since the hardiness zone ends at 9. Plenty of water also would be good. Good luck.

Isn't that the natural cycle for your zone? Day lilies are just that. They bloom for one day and they are done. Of course if you have a lot they keep blooming for quite awhile. I just snap off where the spent bloom is when they look bad.

Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthJune 25, 2010
Growing Cannas
Growing Canna Lilies
Growing Lilies
Growing Lilies
Orange Day Lilies
Getting Rid Of Day Lilies
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day