Making Coffee In a Percolator

I just got a Farberware coffee percolator. It uses 3 tablespoons of coffee grounds per 6oz coffee cup. Once the water starts to bubble, how long do I have to let it percolate? Then do I take it off the flame and let it rest? Please be specific, as I have never had a percolator before. Many thanks.

By Araucano

Best Answer

Once the coffee begins to perk (bubble), let it continue for 5 minutes, then it is ready to drink. It will be very hot, so be careful. Three tablespoons for 6 oz. of water is way too much. I'd measure one tablespoon per cup and see how that turns out, then add more ground coffee next time if it was too weak. It takes a bit of experimentation until you get it right.

Best Answer

Wow, that's gonna be some strong, expensive coffee! Start with 1 Tbl. per cup. Percolator coffee is stronger than drip coffee because the hot water is run over the grounds more than once by bubbling up through the tub unlike a drip which only drips hot water through once.

Coffee Percolator
Making Coffee in a Percolator
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesDecember 16, 2010
Stainless Steel Coffee Pot
Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)
🎄