Cleaning a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

There is a product called Dip It - you just pour a package along with boiling water into the pot and all the YUK will float to the surface and inside is shiny steel! The Dip It powder works so much better than the cleaner they also offer - you can find it anywhere!

8 More Solutions

Tired of buying expensive cleaners for your stainless steel coffeepots? Well, I don't! I just drop a dishwashing machine tablet into the pot with hot water. Let it sit for a while and rinse well.

I know a lot of you drink coffee or have a coffee maker in your home, and I'm sure some of you own the stainless steel kind, or even the glass ones with the spout so small you can barely get your hand in to scrub it clean.

Cleaning Hard to Reach Stains in a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

To clean inside of stainless steel coffee pot, take a hand held kitchen wand. Place a steel wool pad of your choice over the scrubbing pad attached to the wand.

I have seen a lot of solutions for cleaning the inside of a pot, but the outside of my pot has grease (from frying bacon I assume) and coffee stains that cling and I can't get them off. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

Use a Magic Eraser. It can be a knock off. It will take all the grease and dirt off. I posted something about this and I have pictures of a steel teakettle I found at a thrift shop. They only charged me $2

because it was so dirty. The lady who worked there gave me the fabulous advice to use the Magic Eraser.

I use baking soda for cleaning all sorts of things. You could try that or vinegar? I would scrub gently though if using the baking soda.

Make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and apply to the surface. Allow to sit for a few hours. Remove and scrub with a non-metal scrubber.

Bronze Answer Medal for All Time! 155 Answers

Just use whatever cleaner you normally use to take off burnt-on stains. Ammonia or oven cleaner would be my choice.

Going organic? Use vinegar soak it with vinegar and then scrub with two breasts or Brillo pad.

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts

Run through a pot of water of baking soda and water. A full pot of water and a 1/2 cup of baking soda. I clean my coffee maker once a month this way.

Then you can use the water to clean the outside using paper towels dipped into the water and baking soda.

Bronze Answer Medal for All Time! 111 Answers

Bar Keepers Friend may work. It is mildly acidic. Best of luck.

Answer this Question

How do I clean a stainless steel coffee carafe?

By Cass from San Francisco

Answers

Have you tried Bicarbonate of Soda? I use this a lot for cleaning mine and it works a treat! Dab a little Bicarb onto a damp cloth and rub gently, it seems to work for me!

And it's not full of nasties either!

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 115 Feedbacks

I put bleach, a very small pinch of dish soap & fill with hot water, put cover on tight, shake then let sit, rinse thoroughly after about 10-15 mins depending on amt of bleach used & severity of stains. I find this the best way when can't get a dish cloth, etc into opening of container. I do this for badly stained coffee mugs - just rinse well.

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

Hello, some good suggestions but be careful with using bleach as it will many times take the protective "coating" off items and they will just restain faster as the "shine" is gone. It is safe to use on glass and ceramic types like coffee cups and thermos items.

Anonymous

I tried all of the posted suggestions to no avail. This morning I was cleaning my oven and thought "what the heck" ...

I'll try oven spray on my coffee pot. Wonder of wonders, the pot cleaned up beautifully in less than 15 minutes.

I use the identical method and it works wonderfully!!!

Answer this Question

How do I remove coffee stains from the inside of a Cuisinart stainless steel insulated coffee pot? Nothing seems to be working and now it is very dark.

By kimmer

Answers

Try baking soda and water mix.

I heard cream of tartar will work

Answer this Question

Does anyone have a recipe for cleaning the inside of a stainless steel coffee pot?

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenNovember 1, 2012
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-a-Stainless-Steel-Coffee-Pot-1.html