Cleaning Hard to Reach Stains in a Stainless Steel Coffee Pot

I know a lot of you drink coffee or have a coffee maker in your home, and I'm sure some of you own the stainless steel kind, or even the glass ones with the spout so small you can barely get your hand in to scrub it clean. Even with small hands I still had a hard time getting my hand in one to scrub those old black coffee stains that had accumulated over time.

So here is a, very simple and no effort at all, home remedy to get it spotless. Boil some water or fill up the coffee maker and just boil the water. When it's done, put in a dishwashing tablet, the powdered kind, not the liquid. I use Cascade or Finish, if it's a tablet and not the jelly kind, just toss one in there. If it's powdered use just about 2 tablespoons and let that sit for 30 minutes. You don't have to periodically stir it. Just let it sit and do its magic. 30 minutes later pour it out and rinse with water to get all the soap out. And viola, it's sparkling and you didn't have to use any elbow grease.

One or two denture cleaning tabs(depending on coffee pot size) with cool water works great. Let sit for 10 -15 minutes, rinse with warm water, wipe with paper towel and you're all clean.

Those work great for toilet cleaning too..