Share Crafts

Cook Sausage Patties in the Oven

You can cook sausage patties in the oven too! Just line a cookie sheet with foil and slice your sausage roll in slices. Lay out on a sheet and bake with no flipping for 20 to 30 minutes.

By Mary from OH

By Peggy G (Guest Post) 01/07/2009

Thanks for the tip. I had read about cooking bacon in the oven and love that method as there's no spattering of grease. Never thought about cooking sausage patties in the oven though. When I bake bacon, I bake the whole package at one time on wire cookie racks on a cookie sheet so the bacon isn't sitting in the grease.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By emgoodrich 3 10 01/09/2009

That's a great idea! I used to do bacon in the oven also. I would do the whole package, freeze or refrigerate it, and heat up what I need later.

Here's what I do with my breakfast sausage:
I open up a roll of regular sausage and a roll of ground turkey or turkey breakfast sausage (I can't always find it). I mix them together with a cup of quick oats or instant oats. Sometimes I grind up the oats in a blender, sometimes I don't. Then I measure it out into 1/4 cup or 1/3 cup measures and then I form them in to patties. Meanwhile, my beloved George Forman grill is heating up. I cook the whole batch, let it cool then freeze 'em. A minute or so in the microwave and we've got yummy sausage.

I started doing this because I hate when it takes "forever" to make breakfast. And I figure it cuts the fat a bit and squeezes in a little fiber.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment