Cook Sausage Patties in the Oven

You can cook sausage patties in the oven too! Just line a cookie sheet with foil and slice your sausage roll in slices. Lay out on a sheet and bake with no flipping for 20 to 30 minutes.

By Mary from OH

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Thanks for the tip. I had read about cooking bacon in the oven and love that method as there's no spattering of grease. Never thought about cooking sausage patties in the oven though. When I bake bacon, I bake the whole package at one time on wire cookie racks on a cookie sheet so the bacon isn't sitting in the grease.

That's a great idea! I used to do bacon in the oven also. I would do the whole package, freeze or refrigerate it, and heat up what I need later.

Here's what I do with my breakfast sausage:

I open up a roll of regular sausage and a roll of ground turkey or turkey breakfast sausage (I can't always find it). I mix them together with a cup of quick oats or instant oats. Sometimes I grind up the oats in a blender, sometimes I don't. Then I measure it out into 1/4 cup or 1/3 cup measures and then I form them in to patties. Meanwhile, my beloved George Forman grill is heating up. I cook the whole batch, let it cool then freeze 'em. A minute or so in the microwave and we've got yummy sausage.

I started doing this because I hate when it takes "forever" to make breakfast. And I figure it cuts the fat a bit and squeezes in a little fiber.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Sausage cooking.
Tips for Cooking Sausage
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsJanuary 5, 2009
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Seasoning a Dutch Oven
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 3:50:03 PM on 10.0.1.163 in 693 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.