Burnt Milk on a Smooth Top Range

I have a smooth top range. While boiling water and milk it overflowed causing it to burn into the eye. I used a cleaner and scrubbed it but it didn't take off the burnt liquid. Any suggestions?

Carrie from TN

I USED PASTE OF BAKING SODA IT WORKS GREAT ON SMOOTH TOP LET IT SIT FOR 20 MINS THEN USED WARM WATER TO WIPE OFF .GOOD LUCK.

Our smooth cooktop came with instructions to use a scraper blade to remove burnt on food. I have done that for years and it works great. Just keep it at an angle so that it doesn't scratch. This scraper is the kind that holds a razor blade; used to scrape paint off windows, etc.

I did the very same thing recently - what a mess! I made a paste of baking soda and vinegar and let it sit overnight. It took a little rubbing the next morning but got most of it off. I plan to use Cerama-bryte to remove the few remaining stubborn spots.

Cerama Bryte makes scrappers and a liquid to remove stains and food build up from smooth top stoves.You can get them at Home Depot or Lowes or order at 1-800-578-home.I use it all the time and works great.

I've done this many times (I really should know better by now lol) and what works for me is simply to take a couple of paper towels folded up (or a dishcloth that you don't mind getting grungy), wet them, and then let them sit on the burnt on milk for a while. Make sure you wipe it up before the paper dries out (re-wet it if you have to). I found that after a few mintues I can wipe away most of it without much effort. Anything that's left can be removed with another soaking or I can scrub with baking soda and water paste. Oh, you can also try just laying one of the wet kitchen type wipes (Lysol or Pledge wipes) on top and letting it soak in for a couple of minutes before wiping it up.

The same thing has happened to me many times. Use Mr Clean Magic Eraser. It works like a charm. Just keep rubbing til the stains are gone.

I swear by my straight edged razor blades IF I cannot stop and clean a spill while it's fresh. Also, I use regular oven cleaner VERY CAREFULLY and for a VERY short sit on the spill, wiping ALWAYS with paper

towels. Be careful but FIRMly grasp the razor blades because they can "FLIP OVER IN YOUR HAND" cutting

your finger(s). However, I FINALLY learned, like a

good cook finally learns how not to cut herself with

knives and scissors, to use the razor blade for around the greasy edges of the sink, stove top, knobs, and formica countertop. Don't try using it to remove paper labels from round jars. Use common sense and perhaps a folded paper towel for safety, BUT...once you begin, hold the blade tightly, not loosely!!

I found that the range top cleaner was FAR too expensive for even a small bottle, so I learned the

alternatives. Been using them for 21 yrs. now.

Barkeeper's Friend works wonders on my smoothtop.

I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it worked wonders. The Magic Eraser truly is "Magic"

Magic Eraser worked for us, just keep on at it for about 5-10 minutes and it wears it down well. The milk was burnt on pretty bad, and to be honest, the stove top looks better now i gave it a scrub then it did before the milk incident.

Dont use anything to scrape it as you will ruin the surface.

What about "burns" that are down "in" the glass?

My roommate just did the same thing to my stove, and I'm wondering which mr clean magic eraser you guys use. I use the extra strength when I clean the bathroom and stuff, but do you think that would be to strong for the top of the stove? I heard that the strong chemicals will ruin the ceramic top.

I just tried the Magic Eraser, and it really was magic! I had already tried everything else, even Cerama-Bryte, and nothing even phased the burnt-on milk. I had the burner slightly hot and wiped it with a wet Magic Eraser. The milk wiped off easily and quickly. I then wiped the top down several times with plain water, just to rinse. Thanks for the great tip!

I didn't have a magic erase so all I did was turn on the burner on high for about 10 minutes. It cooked off with just a little smoke. Voila! All gone! So easy, and shockingly my husband came up with the idea! :)

The only thing I have found that cleans everything off a glass stovetop is Shaklee's Get Clean Scour Off Heavy Duty Paste. I received it as a gift from my SIL with some other cleaning products. It sat in my closet for a year. When I could not get the "cooking rings" off my stovetop with the recommended stuff, I pulled this out to try. WOW--it looked like new after I finished. It's non-toxic also. Let me know if it works.

I spilled milk on my glass top last night 06/05/2015 I use this all the time when I have hard to remove grime from my glass top.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJuly 18, 2006
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎄