Browsing: Treating a Dog's Ear Infection

Vinegar and Water for an Ear Infection

What is the ratio of water to vinegar mix to treat for ear infection?

By Bryan from Norman, OK

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I would seek out a doctor for this. You don't want to lose your hearing.

If you look at the archives below this post, they have the mixture there. If this is an inner ear infection, it won't work-but for that, a lot of doctors now don't like to give antibiotics,they tell you to take tylenol for a few days & see if it goes away.

If this is for an infection caused by "swimmer's ear", to prevent it in the future, after swimming, put a couple of drops of a mix of half vinegar & half alcohol in each ear after swimming. The vinegar restores the PH balance & the alcohol evaporates the water in the ear.

Personally, I would go see a doctor first.

My doctor recommended half vinegar and half rubbing alcohol in a small glass bottle with a dropper. Put a few drops in ear and then turn your head to that it can run out. Before I learned about vinegar and alcohol, I had constant ear problems. I keep the bottle of alcohol and viinegar in my medicine cabinet and the minute I begin to feel something, I put a few drops in and it stops the problem.

If this is for a child for heaven's sake just take the child to the Dr.

Do NOT ever use household vinegar inside of your ear. If you do this you can cause permanent damage to your ear, or even cause Tinnitus (which is a constant ringing that does not go away). Use only apple cider vinegar. There is a huge difference between saying to use regular vinegar and the much more mild Apple Cider Vinegar. Google search Apple Cider Vinegar for ear infections, and do not use regular household vinegar in your ear regardless of what these other posts say. Warning!

Although hearing loss is genetic in my family. I have lost 95% of the hearing in my right ear. I went to a specialist who tested my hearing and confirmed that I am in need of either a hearing aid or a procedure that may help lessen the amount of loss. He recommended using a white vinegar therapy once a week for 3 months. When I questioned him on this, he stated that for some people this works very well but it does not work for everyone. I did not have an infection or swimmers ear, again this is a lifetime issue. So far it has not really changed the status of my hearing, but I do not go back to see him for another 2 weeks. When I receive another hearing test, I'll update this site and let you know what the results are.

Vet treating dog's ear.
Treating a Dog's Ear Infection
Health & Beauty Home RemediesAugust 28, 2010
A man scratching his ear.
Causes of Ear Itching
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 24, 2016 at 3:09:19 PM on 10.0.1.34 in 460 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.