Protecting Shower Tiles from Hard Water Spots

Any suggestions on how to protect my white tiles with white grout in my shower from our hard water? We have a water softener, but use it is only for the hot water and we still get a white film. We haven't used the new tub/shower yet and I want to put something on the tiles before using it.

I've heard about using car wax. Does it matter what kind? Will the wax discolor the grout? Any other suggestions? Help appreciated!

By mooma

I use a used dryer sheet to clean my shower doors, and it keeps the hard water film off of them, maybe it would work on your tiles, too? The slightly abrasive sheet cleans off the scum, and it leaves behind a very light film of the softener, which repels new scum. Smells nice, too!

There is grout sealer you could use. That should help the grout at least.

There is a product called Gel Gloss that is very good at coating and protecting. I am not sure if it is OK for tile, but it is great on fiberglass.

Waxing Shower Tiles
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomJuly 10, 2011
Kitchen With Granite Countertops
Removing Hard Water Spots on Granite Countertops
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎄