Straw and Bead Elastic Bands
String beads and straws cut up to make a cute necklace or bracelet and head bands.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- straws different colors
- larger beads with big holes
- thin elastic-white or black
- Cut the straws up in different lengths or the same depending on the look you want.
- Cut elastic the size you want plus add 2 inches to allow for the tying off.
- Tie one end of elastic to an object so the straws and beads do not fall off the end.
- String in a pattern using beads in between if the straws are various sizes. Otherwise, they slip inside each other if you do not use the beads. If straws are the same size you probably do not need the beads. It looks prettier with the beads though.
- Tie the ends together using a loose knot at first.
- Try on for size. If it's the exact size you want, then tie the knot tight. Otherwise, untie and adjust the size.
Very easy for children to do.
By Little Suzy from OH
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 26, 2017 at 11:32:06 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us