Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Keeping Leather Car Seats Clean

What is the best way to clean leather car seats?

By LeftyCC from FL

By HAPPYINHARNED [13]01/05/2011

My son-in-law has worked in the car industry for many years and he uses spray furniture polish. He sprays it on his cloth and it works like a charm.

By anne [10]01/04/2011

Leather cleaner and leather conditioner.

By Joan [13]12/31/2010

You can buy bottles or tins of leather cleaner, in auto parts stores. I can't remember what it is called. There is also cleaner for leather furniture that I would imaging would work. My guess is that could be purchased in a furniture store.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Keeping Leather Car Seats Clean

Just want an opinion. Also, what is the best way to keep leather seats in the car clean? I purchased leather cleaner at Target, but just wanted some feedback.

By avablue14 from Long Island, NY

RE: Keeping Leather Car Seats Clean

Use regular furniture polish (Pledge, Behold, etc.). I had purchased the leather polish before I read that Pledge can be used on wood and leather! You can get cheap brands also. I cleaned my husband's car for his b-day, lemon fresh! It came out splendidly and still looks great 3 months later! (07/09/2009)

By Starchild in VT

RE: Keeping Leather Car Seats Clean

Saddle soap or Murphy's Oil Soap should work, too, although it might not smell as good as lemon Pledge. You might need to visit a farm supply store for the saddle soap, but you should be able to get Murphy's Oil Soap just about anywhere. (07/12/2009)

By JustPlainJo