Keeping Leather Car Seats Clean

What is the best way to clean leather car seats?

By LeftyCC from FL

You can buy bottles or tins of leather cleaner, in auto parts stores. I can't remember what it is called. There is also cleaner for leather furniture that I would imaging would work. My guess is that could be purchased in a furniture store.

Leather cleaner and leather conditioner.

My son-in-law has worked in the car industry for many years and he uses spray furniture polish. He sprays it on his cloth and it works like a charm.

December 31, 2010 Flag

Just want an opinion. Also, what is the best way to keep leather seats in the car clean? I purchased leather cleaner at Target, but just wanted some feedback.

By avablue14 from Long Island, NY

Answers:

Keeping Leather Car Seats Clean

Use regular furniture polish (Pledge, Behold, etc.). I had purchased the leather polish before I read that Pledge can be used on wood and leather! You can get cheap brands also. I cleaned my husband's car for his b-day, lemon fresh! It came out splendidly and still looks great 3 months later! (07/09/2009)

By Starchild in VT

Keeping Leather Car Seats Clean

Saddle soap or Murphy's Oil Soap should work, too, although it might not smell as good as lemon Pledge. You might need to visit a farm supply store for the saddle soap, but you should be able to get Murphy's Oil Soap just about anywhere. (07/12/2009)

By JustPlainJo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes