Temporary Wall Covering

I can't stand the wood paneling in the front room of my house. I am renting, is there any way to cover the walls without doing any harm to the wood?

By shadcarly

Best Answer

You could buy some inexpensive fabric and hang it on the walls using thumb tacks. The tacks will leave really small holes which should be nearly invisible.

You can also apply fabric (I use sheets) to walls with liquid starch. Just mix up the starch according to box or bottle directions for clothing, soak the fabric and then apply it to the walls. Smooth out all the wrinkles. when it dries it will look nice and when you get ready to move you scape loose a corner and pull. It comes off clean without damaging the walls. And the bonus is you get to reuse the fabric after a wash.

Family posed on sofa in front of wall with wood paneling
Temporary Wall Covering Ideas
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceJune 16, 2009
Inexpensive Couch
Inexpensive Furnishings for a Temporary Apartment
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Temporary Tattoo
Making Temporary Tattoos
Temporary Dentures
Getting Temporary Dentures