Homemade Chai Tea Latte

I love the Chai Lattes that all the places are coming up with, but I'm cheap and I don't like the prices. However, I found this great recipe for an Indian spice chai that's out of this world!

• 2 cardamom pods, crushed
  • 1 clove
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup milk (2% or non-fat can be used)
  • 2 teabags or 1 Tbsp. loose tea
  • sweetening to taste

Directions:

Bring all but the tea to a boil. Add the tea, shut off the heat, and cover. Let steep about 2 minutes, strain, and add sweetening. This is fabulous cooled and poured over ice also!

Source: This recipe came from a book by Monica Bhide called The Everything Indian Cookbook.

I can't wait to try it!

If you go to www.allrecipes.com and search for "chai tea mix" (that is the exact name); you will find an EXCELLENT recipe for a mix you can make for your own instant chai. There are nearly 400 reviews of the recipe, with some suggestions and hints. I like it as is, although there is a lot of sugar in it. Next time I make it, I will try using less sugar.

I don't suggest leaving out any of the spices; the cardamom is not cheap, (although I buy it at a bulk food store, and it is inexpensive there) but is crucial to the taste. Makes a great holiday gift!

Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages TeaMay 9, 2008
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Cold Chai Tea in a glass on a table
Iced Vanilla Chai Tea Recipe
Chai Tea Mix Recipes
Chai Tea Mix Recipes
🎄
🍂