Bank of America: Keep the Change Reviews

Bank of America's Keep the Change program is now available in my state. Has anyone used this? What do you think?

Fisher

I have been with BOA for almost a year.

I always round up to the dollar with entering a debit purchase into my register.

Makes it quicker & easier to do the math.

I like the idea and have not seen any problems with it.

I have this...a good way to save without even missing it...I am up to almost $30...and didn't even 'lift a finger'...so to speak. Its easy to transfer the money from your savings to your checking account also...which came in handy once for me. I think its worth it...give it a try..you can always cancel it if it doesn't work for you. Nancy

I have been doing this for a few years myself. Whenever I pay I always use bills instead of change, even if the item I want is 33 cents, I'll use a dollar. In the course of a year I usually have aout 800 dollars, which goes towards vacation.

I just started this about 4 months ago and already have a little over $300 in it. I have $25 put in each month from my direct depost. I also round up to the nearest $10 when entering checks in my check book ledger. I find that by the end of the month, I sometimes have as much as $200 in the account that I didn't know about, buy rounding up to the $10. If I don't need this, then I transfer it into my savings!

I just set my 17 year old daughters account with this feature...it is great and makes her accounting a lot easier too!

I just got my first "matching" check and they gave us $60+ on the $300 we've saved in the past year. And I tell you we never noticed the change missing - I always just round everything up anyway. Now instead of spending it at Taco Bell on an extra bean burrito, it's in my savings account waiting for a rainy day.

It's a nightmare the way it is recorded online, if you are a "to-the-penny" kind of recorder like I am.

RIPOFF - Service fees! I lost 150 bucks on this ridiculous program. Avoid it.

I love this program! Yeah, OK, B of A isn't the classiest bank in the world, and this savings account certainly doesn't return a lot of interest.

But my problem with savings isn't that I don't have a bit of money to put away, but rather that I simply don't do it. I usually have a little bit of money in my checking account at the end of the month, and I always go spend it on something frivolous instead of saving it. But this program forces me to save just a little each month, and seeing my account growing inspires me to take saving seriously. It's all psychological, but it works for me.

Budget & Finance Saving MoneyOctober 11, 2006
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Banki ATM machine.
Banks With No Minimum Balance Requirement
Flapper Woman With Martini
Making a Flapper (1920s) Costume
Antique Coin Bank
Opening an Antique Coin Bank
🎄